• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Driving me up the wall!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

OK I have two children and my son is i think scared of the bus he dosn't have to go to school till 2010 any suddjestions? i do take him to the bus stop like across the street from it so they don't think they gotta pick him up to so he can get a good look at it and what it sounds like but i think wene it becomes time to get on it he is going to freak out on me.....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersbackpack
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickerstoddler girl

Daisypath Anniversary tickersin love

I am a mother of two, I am a Vaccenating, Formula feeding, Disposable Dipering, Spanking wene bad, Chore making, Foward facing car seat at 1, Open minded, Try anything new, Clean house making, Outside playing, Dessert giving, Early school sending, Lunch packing, Beliving women should stay home and take care of the kids and husband, dosn't force religion on anyone and expects the same, Playful, Fun loving Momma.
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bonnie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Talk to your bus driver and find out if it would be okay to ride to school with him the first day. Of course, you would need to have someone meet you at the school to take you back home. My DH did this with my youngest. He (DS) was mortified the first day of school and we talked him into getting on the bus with Dad... lol

goodmamma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Thats the thing i dunno if i can do that cause hubby works late nights and he will be sleeping and i have no friends to come pick me up lol and i also have a daughter that i will also have to take to headstart a hour and a half later lol and theres no way i can get o the bus with him.....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersbackpack
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickerstoddler girl

Daisypath Anniversary tickersin love

I am a mother of two, I am a Vaccenating, Formula feeding, Disposable Dipering, Spanking wene bad, Chore making, Foward facing car seat at 1, Open minded, Try anything new, Clean house making, Outside playing, Dessert giving, Early school sending, Lunch packing, Beliving women should stay home and take care of the kids and husband, dosn't force religion on anyone and expects the same, Playful, Fun loving Momma.
merilou1178
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:16 PM

My daughter always thought the bus was neat. She couldn't wait to ride the bus. I was still working when she started KG and she had no problems getting on and off at daycare. My son thought the bus was the scariest thing he had ever seen and wanted nothing to do with it. Right after school started this year (he's in KG) my car broke down, so I had to put them on the bus for a bit. He would throw tantrums and throw himself on the ground to stay off the bus. My husband had to start taking him to the bus stop to get him to go. Once we had the car situation fixed, we gave them a one-way choice. They could ride the bus in the morning and I would pick them up after, or they could the bus home and I'd drop them off in the morning. We live in Florida, so they chose the obvious, ride the bus in the morning have the a/c of the car in the afternoon. Today they missed the bus, so they are riding the bus home. He was given the ultimatum that if he gave me trouble getting on in the mornings, then I stopped picking up in the afternoons. He's doing much better now. It also helps that their bus driver is an older man. That voice just makes kids listen.

Meridithtyping

hholllyy426
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:44 PM

My son had seen buses and stuff before he started school, but the first day of kindergarten he completely freaked out. We told him that it's alright, I was okay with taking him to school. After the first week he wanted to ride the bus because he made friends in his class that rode the same bus. Just give him time and if he does freak, allow yourself to be able to take him to school at least the first week. I think if you keep doing what you're doing will also help. In time he'll like it, my son now can't wait to get on the bus, he's in 2nd grade now. 

Join us on

Elementary School Kids

Group Mod

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:25 PM

At our school they have a kindergarten orientation a week or so before school starts.  The kids get to check out their classroom, the cafeteria, gym, library, music, art, computer rooms, and they also get to watch a video on bus safety and take a practice ride on the school bus.  It really helps the kids with bus fears, because mom and/or dad get to ride with them, and they learn that it is really no big deal.

rkoloms
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:55 AM

My daughter has been taking public transit since she was an infant; transitioning to a school bus was not an issue.

Take you son for bus rides; turn it into an adventure: how many different colors of cars can you see? How many red things can you see? Can you see three things that start with the letter t?

Robin in Chicago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)