Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Is your child/children tired when they come home from school?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 1:08 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Are they tired when they come home from school?

Options:

my child is very tired

at least one of my kids are tired

nope,no one is tired

not only are they not tired,they bounce off the walls!

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

Everyone told me that when dd started full day kindergarten this year,she would be very tired after school.She is far from it! She comes home and plays outside,rides her scooter or bike,plays in her room.She's really wound up! How about your kids?

happy new year 2010        party

by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elananme
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM

My son is very very very tired when he comes home from school.  Nearly everyday he gets in the truck curls up with his squishabelly and blankie and sleeps while i go pick up dh from work and get home for the bus that my dd rides and then he sleeps most days anohter two hours or so after that!! so yeah kindergarten tires him out!!

Come to support your swimmers!!  Swim Team Mommas!!!

SEW MONTHLY http://www.cafemom.com/group/105277

Come see Ethan's Eyes  http://ethanseyes.webs.com/

cozycabinmom
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 1:40 PM

My lil girl is 6 and in Kindergarten (1/2) day. She is tired after school but we make sure she goes to bed by 7:30 every night...even the weekends. They need their rest for all that energy they have during the day lol :o)

NananRaysmom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM

My son is in preschool....so they nap.  But, my 7 yr old is always a little tired.  BUT, we get up at 5am because I work and they go to daycare.  Its not an in home where they can go back to sleep.  They have to be up and dressed...so that's why she is tired.  She usually goes to bed before 8...any later and shes REALLY grumpy.

We can NOT win a war if we don't identify who the enemy is.  We can NOT have a country if we don't have and enforce our borders.  We can NOT be a unified country without one common language.

RECESSION: When your neighbor loses his job. DEPRESSION: When you lose your job. RECOVERY: When Obama loses his.

justanotherjen
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 4:58 PM

My oldest never was.  But she had stopped napping at 2.  She was used to be up and doing stuff all day.

My son did have some tired days when he first started school.  He told me he fell asleep a few times in class the first month of kindergarten so we adjusted his bedtime and, even know in 2nd grade, he takes the occasional nap after school.

My middle daughter, though, had a hard time.  She was still taking several naps a week when she started kindergarten which was all day and no nap time (they had like a 30 minute quiet time during the day and she fell asleep most of those times).  There were many days she came home and wanted to play but looked like she was dragging or was very cranky so we'd make her take a nap.  She's the kind of kid that would just go to bed for a nap whenever she was tired.  She didn't need to be told even when she was 4 and 5.  She'd disappear and we'd ask the other kids where she was and, low and behold, she had gone to sleep.  She's in 1st grade now and at least 2 days a week we make her lie down for a nap before she does her homework becuase all she does is cry and get upset over every little thing...a sign she is very tired and needs a nap.

LovinSweetsMama
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Nope my son is so full of energy he is bouncing off the walls.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM

It really depends on the kid and the day. Usually they are ok until Thurs. and then they start to show the wear and tear of the week. For the first 3 or 4 years of school DD would practically fall asleep in her soup on Friday nights. There were a few times that did fall asleep at dinner. Even now, in 5th grade there are times where school kicks her tush. The days are long. She goes to school with her older brother at 7:40 (her class is at 8:15) and I pick them up at 3:40. It will be interesting to see how my no nap at pre-k kid will do next year. He is always bouncing when we get home. DS1 has to be double dog tired to show it.

bluestarr80
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM

It depends on the day! :-)  

in lovebaseballbaby boy

Steve & Sarah '01      Kyle '04            Zach '09

momoftwins_3
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 5:25 PM

my dd is in the 4th grade and she always falls asleep doing her homework. i've made her go to bed early and nothing helps. i'm glad to know it's not just her, lol. 

KESAVA(9)  KADEEEN(angel)  KESHON(4)   KAYLEN & KEANNA(2) 

listening to tunesbaby boyice creamboy n girl

momof754
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM

i chose other because it just depends on which child and what they did in school that day. if they had gym class and were running around at recess, then they come home exhausted, but it does not slow them down,lol

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Neither one of my boys has ever been tired when they get home from school.  The oldest is in third and the youngest is in full day kindergarten.  They both stopped napping by age 3, so I think they are just used to having a long day.  They sleep from 9:00 pm until 7:45 am, so they get plenty of sleep at night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN