Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got that snack day this week?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:04 PM
  • 14 Replies

So how many of you momma's have to povide a snack this week when the kids return?

Are you gonna get rid leftover cookies?

Or send in some fresh fruits and veggies?

Or something else? (like what)

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Sorry, my school only does snacks for kindergarten and each parents is responsible for their child's snack.  My son usually takes grapes.

Mom of two boys ages 9 (third grade) and 6 (kindergarten)

drinking  baseball  playing soccer  puppy

kylesmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Some of the classes at my sons school do fresh fruit fridays so it kind of help Kyle try new things to do it with friend 

kylesmom aka Jennifer 

Join us on

Moms with Elementary School Kids

Group Mod

momof754
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

So how many of you momma's have to povide a snack this week when the kids return?our youngest has snack that we provide for the entire class and i do believe it is next week

Are you gonna get rid leftover cookies?nope, i dont send sugary snacks to school, only healthy ones

Or send in some fresh fruits and veggies?sometimes, depends on what he is in the mood  to take

Or something else? (like what)usually pretzels, snack crackers(low sodium), yogurt tubes or applesauce cups. never anything with peanut butter as justin's best friend has a serious peanut allergy

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM

My son has to bring a healthy snack to school everyday. This goes for the whole school. It can not be cookies. I have sent crackers, fruit, applesauce, gold fish crackers, etc. Just something to snack on in the morning. If I sent in something not classified as heatlhy, I will get a note from the prinicipal about what is acceptable and what is not.

green ribbonThe green ribbon is the color for Tourette's Syndrom awareness!!!

jakesgal88
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I actually need to check his calendar. Ugh. I wonder how many years snack day lasts. My DS is in first grade. Next year my other DS will be in kindergarten so i'm wondering if i'll be doing double time. I wouldn't mind, but we buy all the supplies and in kindergarten our fees were 40 and this year they are 50 or more. They don't even have books yet! lol. Just venting, sorry. I remember my little sister in kindergarten there weren't any fees. They even have letter grades now. When she was in school it was S's and U's for quite some time... maybe until 4th grade? lol.

Kool_Aide
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Is this really a concern? I don't mean to be rude, but are you worried?  Just bring a snack. Your not going to get feedback either way, you just bring anything and your done.

drivnkids
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:16 PM

In our classes we just have to provide a snack once a month aeary few months as here we are so low income that every child is fed breakfast,lunch and a snack. the only thing i dont like is that it HAS to be store bought....i have some great recipies for good snacks that i cant use. i usaly send chesse sticks and apples.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Is this really a concern? No it really isn't a concern of mine, but I am a mod. here and part of my duties are to provide post that might get some conversations going.

I don't mean to be rude, but are you worried? Nope not one bit worried, just trying to keep this group active.

Just bring a snack. Your not going to get feedback either way, (I hope I do get feedback, part of my duties as a mod in this group is to try and get members to take part in the post.)

you just bring anything and your done.

Jillysmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM

My dd is in 5th grade and they bring in snack everyday. They are basically allowed anything but soda and candy. They still get snack at this age because her scholl day is 8 hours and most kids rides are at least 30 minutes and some being over an hour. It is a charter school and alot of the students are from out of district.

Kim24kids
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM

My girls have to bring in their own snack daily and my boys don't get snack time one is in middle school other is in high school...

But I try to send in a variety with my girls ...depends what we buy that week for "snacks"=)

Join us on The Toddler & Preschool Group! Group Mod

Join us onElementary School Kids - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)