Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Journal or Diary

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

Does your child(ren) write in one at home or at school daily?

Do you plan on giving your daughter one?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
natesmom1228
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:35 PM

My son writes in a journal everyday at school. I am not sure what the daily topic is or how he comes up with what to write, but I know he has to do it. His teacher told me that one of the things she would like to see improve is what he writes in his journal. He does not like to write, color, or anything like that so he writes the bare min that he needs to.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:59 PM

My oldest son either writes or draws in his journal every day at school.  Our school starts this in first grade and every class does this.  He brings his journal home at the end of the school year and so far we have looked at it together.  It's been fun to look back on the year and talk about what was going on when he wrote/drew something.

Mom of two boys ages 9 (third grade) and 6 (kindergarten)

drinking  baseball  playing soccer  puppy

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Bump

momof754
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

Does your child(ren) write in one at home or at school daily?my oldest used to but he has been slacking on it lately

Do you plan on giving your daughter one?yes, i have given her one in the past and plan on getting her one for her birthday this year. and it will probably be pink and frilly

ErikaRobin
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:57 PM

We're big writers here.  For Christmas, my older two received lovely hard-backed journals from their uncle, from Borders.  Paperchase company, I think.  They're really cool.  Now I want to go raid the pens and journals at Borders, too.

Sometimes they write stories in them, sometimes just their thoughts, but they're always doodling something.  

Now, of course, Samantha is chomping at the bit to write more than her alphabet.  Baby steps, dear.  Baby steps. 

rkoloms
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 8:10 AM

My daughter has several diaries; she never wrote more than two sentences in them. Most grades she has been in have journaled at least once a week; it is a great activity both for improving writing skills and creating self-analysis skills.

Robin in Chicago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)