Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thank you cards

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:55 PM
  • 17 Replies

Do you have your child(ren) send out a Thank You card after receiving a gift? (Whether it be for a Birthday, Christmas, etc.)

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:08 PM

My boys have to send thank you notes to my mom for every little thing.  If she doesn't get a thank you, and it has to be within 2 weeks, she has a temper tantrum (yes grandma is prone to tantrums lol).  I don't really send them to anyone else

My son made is First Communion last spring.  I had purchased thank you notes for him to send out for this, since most of the gifts were quite pricy.  I hadn't gotten around to having him do them, so about a month later he was at my moms and she had him write them out with thank you notes she had purchased herself.  It really made me mad.  On the positive side, I don't have to buy thank you notes for my youngest son's First Communion now. lol

Mom of two boys ages 9 (third grade) and 6 (kindergarten)

drinking  baseball  playing soccer  puppy

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Yes, he sends thank you cards out for everything that he receive as a gift. He doesn't like them, but he has to do them.

green ribbonThe green ribbon is the color for Tourette's Syndrom awareness!!!

bugnbeesmomrae
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Birthdays-yes

Christmas-no

Soccer Mom to 2 girls

heavyliftnmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I've been debating about this in my head but bought some cards & I think we're going to do it.  I sent a thank you email (from me) on Christmas evening but I don't think it's the same as coming from him.  More importantly, I want to teach him the life long habit.  Some people were very generous so because of those two things,  we're going to do it.

bsuku
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Yes, we write them beore we can use anything 

ErikaRobin
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Yes, we do.  They're done with theirs though, and I have to finish MINE.  lol

They write thank you cards both for Christmas gifts as well as birthday gifts.

We don't have them wait to use anything, as we've sometimes sent along a picture of the kids enjoying or wearing whatever it is that they got...with the exception of gift cards.

momof754
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM

most of the time, but we slack from time to time. need to get back in the swing of things.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:27 PM

No.  If we started doing that, we'd be the only ones in our family.  No one is offended, and he is good about thanking people personally or on the phone.

Join us on

Moms with Elementary School Kids

Group Mod

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM

We don't usually do it for gifts within the family when my kids can thank them in person when they receive the gift.  We do send them out for birthday gifts.  I write them for my four year old and I make my seven year old write them himself.

bigmomof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:38 PM

we have our kids either email..snail mail... or call a thank you to whoever sent it for the various gifts they get 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)