Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Workouts

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:49 AM
  • 24 Replies

I know everyone is super busy with the children but what does everyone do about working out do you walk or wii fit.  Just looking for ideas

kylesmom aka Jennifer 

Join us on

Moms with Elementary School Kids

Group Mod

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rousefam5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I clean house and do laundry :) Occasionally watch a Tivo'd Soap Opera :) Sorry, Im probably not much help. My moto is, Ill get to that when my kids are in school full time :) I have 1- 7.5 year old and 4.5 yr old twins.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I am horrible. I don't workout. I really should get back into doing it.  I used to let the kids watch the TV in the other room while I put in a 30 minute Denise Austin video. Then I would workout. But when they went to school life got crazy in the morning.

But right now I walk, and when on the phone I pace up and down the stairs. I also ride my bike when the kids wanna ride their bikes. Even if I just ride around in a circle. I really should workout daily but I lack the motivation.

Nysa
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I go to the gym after I drop Magnolia off at school.  They have a free child care center so I leave Molly there while I work out.  It is nice because I don't have to really get ready in the morning before we have to leave the house.  I wait to shower and get dressed until after I get home from the gym, so it makes the morning a little less chaotic.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
hillaryann
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I get up early 6 days a week and workout. Three days it's ChaLEAN Extreme for strength training and the other days it's Turbo Jam for cardio. 

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I work out 6-7 days a week. During the week I get up at 4:15am and I am at the gym at 4:45am. I work out for 60-75 minutes a day.

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week.  I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol so I feel like I need to try and keep fit as best I can.

ErikaRobin
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Y'all make me tired.  Sandra especially.  Yikes, woman.

I know it's addictive once you start, it's just getting started that has me throwing myself down on the ground and kicking my feet.

(Poor example, that.) 

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Y'all make me tired.  Sandra especially.  Yikes, woman.

I know it's addictive once you start, it's just getting started that has me throwing myself down on the ground and kicking my feet.

(Poor example, that.) 

You know, it is tiring, but it feels so good. Getting into a routine is the hardest part!

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I do 90mins of pilates 2x a week with a trainer( she kicks my butt), yoga 1-2x per week and i started walking again.... Now that my baby is in school i have a lot more free time and can indulge...  

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I have been using the Biggest Loser program for the Wii. It kicks my butt most days, but in a good way. I only need to lose 15 lbs but this is a great way to do it. I'm doing things I never thought I could do. I would like to add some yoga into the mix, but with the kids and work and the house, 1hr/day is what I have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)