• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

screaming teacher

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:06 PM
  • 30 Replies

My dd told me that her yeacher is mean I have noticed she is not a passive woman. I have seen her yell at a child. My dd said that  she had said something and the teacher pulled her hard by the sweater and pulled her up infront of the class and told her to teach the class. She said she was embarrassed and didn't speak. My dd is 8 in 3rd grade she is in special ed which I am trying to get her out of cause I dont believe she belongs there. I have a meeting tomorrow or wed. . I'm pretty upset not that she corrects my child but I have seen how she gets I've seen her embarass kids n yell LOUD!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rousefam5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Well like parents teachers don't always make the right choice either when pushed to the brink. Just a thought. Poor choice on the teachers part for sure but I can understand how teachers lose there patients sometimes. Plus, I often hear about parents upset because a teacher embarrassed there child, what about the child's behavior towards the teacher or there elders? 

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I would not be happy. Good luck, I hope you can get it all figured out!

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

mistynights234
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Im so sorry to hear this.  Many years ago I had a 3rd grade teacher that was a tyrant.  She ruined school for me.  Please be your childs advocate.  Find out what is happening in that classroom.  Call her and tell her you have concerns and they need to be addressed.  If things do not get better.  Talk to other students and parents to find out if there kids are experiencing the same thing.  Once you have your facts ask for a meeting with the teacher and principle.  State the facts.  If you are not satisfied with the out come of that meeting go with your proof to the Superintendant.  This women is a special ed teacher?  If she is putting her hands on your child with out warrented reason she is breaking the law.

Kathy.jpg picture by Kathys_Stuff

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Children should not be humiliated at school.  It detracts from their learning and makes them hate school.  I would find out if this is a pattern or practice with this teacher or an isolated incident.  The teacher might have been having a bad day and have been at the end of her rope.  However, adults are expected to have better impulse control than kids.  I would definitely find out if this was an isolated incident or something that occurs more frequently.

Aidansmom213
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I'am sorry , but I can't be quite as diplomatic as most of your replies    ( not saying there bad replies) but I would be PISSED OFF. That teacher should not be around children. No one needs to treat a third grade kid that way no matter how they are acting. The lesson she is teaching them is that YES, IT'S FINE TO LOSE IT AND TREAT SOMEONE IN A HORRIBLE ABUSIVE MANNER. I WOULD TAKE MY CHILD OUT OF HER CLASS AND DARE THE SCHOOL TO SAY ANYTHING.    an advocate is what your daughter needs now and I'am sure you are a good one.

LovinSweetsMama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM

That is just wrong. I think you need to talk to the principal and find out why that happened and make they know you do not want anything like that happening again. Good luck.

sunflower37
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM

My opinion is if you don't have patience you should not be teaching. Good luck on getting her into another class that is best for her.

good luck

purestambition
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:08 PM

did your kid tell you why the teacher yelled?  I would really like to find out the other side. 

starlight1968
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I know I've heard my dd one teacher YELL...she didn't know I heard (I was in the hall).  My dd tells me there is a boy in the class that constantly "pushes her buttons" on purpose.  He may have problems of his own as to why he does it but I feel they shouldn't leave kids like that in the class if they cause trouble for the teachers as in the long run it causes trouble for other children.  In my dd's case the teacher then yells, and takes it out on the entire class instead of just dealing calmly etc.

Ask to talk to the teacher and maybe the school counselor together to see what the problem is. 

hholllyy426
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I would definitely talk to the principal about whats going on. A teacher shouldn't be yelling at a child no matter what it's about. I just went through a similar incident w/ my son's teacher. I ended up going to the superintendent to get the situation taken care of and the school got a real talking to about it too. The super was not happy at all. Anyways, the situation is resolved for now but one more incident at that school and I am yanking him out.

Join us on

Elementary School Kids

Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)