Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney Cruise

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

My hubby and I are thinking about taking our little ones on a Disney cruise next winter. Our oldest will be 7 and the twins will be 4.  Any thoughts, advice?  Let me hear any experience - good or bad.  Thanks. 

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amzbrznjz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I have never beenm but have heard mixed reviews...may I ask why not Disney World..We are going in MArch my kids will be 10, 6 and 21 months!

LovinSweetsMama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I have never been but I have heard good things about them.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Quoting LovinSweetsMama:

I have never been but I have heard good things about them.

Sounds like it would be fun!

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

wissotamum
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:50 PM

We like the idea of the cruise because we could go from activity to activity without schlepping a stroller everywhere and bumping into others with strollers.  Hate stroller lines.  They can nap if they need to, would have an easy home base  right on the ship.  The newest boat has a couple of waterslides on it.  My oldest daughter (and us parents) love waterslides.  They have live shows, movies, activities, games, toys.  We could just get on the boat and not worry about any other transportation.

What were the mixed reviews - give me the bad stuff.

What made you decide on the park?  How many days are you staying and are you staying at a disney hotel?

Quoting amzbrznjz:

I have never beenm but have heard mixed reviews...may I ask why not Disney World..We are going in MArch my kids will be 10, 6 and 21 months!

dmelyoung
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I have not done Disney cruises but I have done a cruise and I think it is a great family vacation. I took the kids 2 years ago and we are going again in June. They loved it and cant wait to go again.

hholllyy426
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I have never been on one but a friend of mine just got back and she has a dd that just turned 4. They had a blast and I am so jealous from the pics she tooks. They also did disney world magical kingdom too. I know they have something like a kid camp that the kids do activities and do a performance for their parents. They also went to the Carribean, Castaway Cay, and the ship from Pirats of Carribean is docked there. If you have girls, they can get their hair braided. It seems really fun, my son is 8 and he doesn't have an interest in disney. He's more of a roller coaster fan.

Join us on

Elementary School Kids

Group Mod

wissotamum
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  It sure looks like fun.

Anyone else have any ideas or info?

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I've never done the cruise, but have been to Disney World quite a few times.  We always stay at a Disney hotel and ride their public transportation.  We've never had a rental car while there.  Our travel agent woud arrange for a shuttle to take us to/from the hotel and airport.  We came and went from the park at our liesure.  The busses ran every few minture from the park to the hotels and back again.

Mom of two boys ages 9 (third grade) and 6 (kindergarten)

drinking  baseball  playing soccer  puppy

amzbrznjz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM

activities were limited, and it says all inclusive but you have to pay for your excursions.  For my self I would like to try it, kind of scared of the boat part though and feeling it move...lte me know how it is...

Quoting wissotamum:

We like the idea of the cruise because we could go from activity to activity without schlepping a stroller everywhere and bumping into others with strollers.  Hate stroller lines.  They can nap if they need to, would have an easy home base  right on the ship.  The newest boat has a couple of waterslides on it.  My oldest daughter (and us parents) love waterslides.  They have live shows, movies, activities, games, toys.  We could just get on the boat and not worry about any other transportation.

What were the mixed reviews - give me the bad stuff.

What made you decide on the park?  How many days are you staying and are you staying at a disney hotel?

Quoting amzbrznjz:

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM

I haven't done the cruise, but I took my son to Disney World for his 9th birthday and we had a blast.  But I don't know how the experience would be with 4 yo children.  I highly recommend Disney World, but it was much easier not having to worry about a stroller.  Plus he was tall enough to go on all the rides with me.  So we didn't have to juggle around who would watch the younger kids.

I did do Sea World, San Diego Zoo and Lego Land (all in the San Diego area) when my son was 4, and they all cater to that age really well.  Most of the rides at Lego Land are rideable at that age.  Then Sea World is great because younger children can see into the acquiriums really well and enjoy the shows.  I found out of the 3 places, the zoo was the most frustrating because we had to lift him up or walk around with in on our shoulders to see most of the exhibits.  But we still had a great time.  There are many other attractions in San Diego, including the beach and other museums, which make it a great place for a family vacation.

Oh, I've never been on a cruise, and so I have no idea there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)