Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CCISD General Counsel says zero tolerance laws have been softened?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM
  • 2 Replies

According the General Counsel for CCISD, Sheila Haddock, the Zero Tolerance Laws designed to protect your children from bullying and abuse in schools have been softened.  This question has been posted to a Local State Representative for Galveston County.  We'll see what he has to say.  Ever wonder why someone has to make them enforce rules?  Why does CCISD need a zero tolerance law to say "we're not tolerating this?"  I certainly don't need one.  I don't tolerate it in my house or with my kids.  Just turned CCISD upside down.  Will let you know what the Legislature's stance is on this issue.  Parents should demand that CCISD have the best legal representation available.  The District, Administrators, Educators, Counselors, and parents need to be informed!  My son formed an anti-bullying committee in 4th grade so that all the kids would band together and tell on this punk.  They said, "Got a bullying problem?  Call Zach's mom!"  Makes you wonder!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
rkoloms
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I am very impressed with your son's leadership!!

Robin in Chicago

ZJA
by on Feb. 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Thank you!  Well he had 1 friend by the time these 2 kids were through with him.  But after Mom stepped in, he has many now.  I actually got served with a trespass notice for telling this kid to leave my son alone!!  Talk about intimidation!  Well, I'm a lawyer and they don't like that.  I've been shaking the freakin' boat and they don't like that!  But, it did get a few people out for 2 days without pay!  Shake the boat!  Don't tolerate it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)