• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hello ladies.

I am new to this group... I have a 9 yr old boy that is a handful.  I have an 11 yr old boy also.  They drive me nuts sometimes.  I have a hard time getting my 9 yr to do his homework like he should.  any suggestions? 

Teresa
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kim24kids
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Hi and Welcome to the group!

Have you tried making him do it as soon as he gets home from school after having a snack.And if he doesn't do it then there is no fun activities or T.V time for that day?

Does he not do it right because he don't want to or is it that he doesn't understand it?

Join us on The Toddler & Preschool Group! Group Mod

Join us onElementary School Kids - Group Mod

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Welcome to the group!

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Welcome to the group!

I have a 10 yo boy, and so I can imagine that you do have your hands full.

In terms of the homework, my son complains too, but I just tell him he has to do it before he can do anything else.  He's gotten better at not complaining all of the time anymore, but it still happens.  errr...

hholllyy426
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Welcome to the group!!! If he's having a hard time with understanding, just work with him until he gets it. If he's not wanting to do it, make sure there are no distractions and don't let him do anything until it's done. My son, 8, does his homework directly after school with no distractions and he's not allowed to do anything until it's done. When he has a hard time with it, I sit with him and we work on it together.

Join us on

Elementary School Kids

Group Mod

mommyjenn84
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:45 AM

welcome. my duahgter and i used to do hers together and she did really good. now she goes to a homework club once a week and is still doing good. she thinks its cool. then again shes only 5 and in kindergarden. good luck though

rkoloms
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Hi Teresa and Welcome!

It sounds like you little guy may need more structure. We have a homework area: the dining room table. It has paper, pens, pencils, laptop, calculator, stapler, etc. After school, 1/2 hour of snack/downtime, then homework. Work before play, always.

Robin in Chicago

LovinSweetsMama
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM
Radarma
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Hi Teresa!

Welcome to the group, I think you will enoy it here!

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. ~S. Kierkegaard~

IASTUDENT
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Welcome!

in loveteen girlgirl on a swingbaby girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)