Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am the PTO secretary and box top cooridnator..

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM
  • 27 Replies

how about you?

what do you do for your school?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kylesmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I am the PTF Student Activities Coordinator  

kylesmom aka Jennifer 

Join us on

Moms with Elementary School Kids

Group Mod

mbrackett
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Sadly the only thing I am able to do is go into my daughter's school on Friday's and be the Room Mom for the day.  I would love to do more, but I am a full-time college student and have to much to do with that.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I'm VP.

Mom of two boys ages 9 (third grade) and 6 (kindergarten)

drinking  baseball  playing soccer  puppy

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I am nothing. I help out when I can but I dont have a title.

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

emerald53197
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I now only volunteer/chaperone for my sons class on field trips.  Year after year the same parents seem to run the school and never let anyone else help out.....but they are the ones alway complaining that there aren't enough volunteers. Go figure.

tristansmom74
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I am the PTA treasurer. And I suck at it.  I like to volunteer in my son't class but this year his teacher isn't very welcoming.  So IDK, I'm just not up there like i used to be. 

God created the earth and all of nature in it.  He expects us to be his stewards with nature.

maciymommieof3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I thought the same thing...but..when it came down to it and there were no volunteers.....I offered and explained my working status...the were more than happy to embrace me..

Quoting mbrackett:

Sadly the only thing I am able to do is go into my daughter's school on Friday's and be the Room Mom for the day.  I would love to do more, but I am a full-time college student and have to much to do with that.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Quoting emerald53197:

I now only volunteer/chaperone for my sons class on field trips.  Year after year the same parents seem to run the school and never let anyone else help out.....but they are the ones alway complaining that there aren't enough volunteers. Go figure.

At our school officers can only hold the same office for 2 years, then someone else must be voted in.  We hold elections every Spring.  So maybe if more people would offer to take over some of the positions, the same people wouldn't always be "running" the school.  We are very fortunate that we have lots of volunteers and every person only holds one title at a time.  If there isn't a volunteer to chair a committee, we will consider abandoning it, although we have never had that problem.  Some one always comes forward to help out.

I'd suggest attending your PTA/PTO meetings and get to know the other members, if they know that you are serious about helping out, I'm sure they'd welcome your assistance.

Mom of two boys ages 9 (third grade) and 6 (kindergarten)

drinking  baseball  playing soccer  puppy

miisha
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Im a paid employee and have no idea of my title. I assist the counsler, teachers, including PE, assist the lunch lady, basically assist everyone and do yard duty. I also talk to the students when they are feeling down or are in trouble. I give referals. What ever is needed I do.

Miisha
Heids32
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I am PTC co-chair in our school. 

All of you that have replied that you feel like you do so little---EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!!!

As a very involved parent, I know there is no way we would be able to do what we do without other parents pitching in!

Thank you for all you do!

Heidi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)