Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Spirit Day

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM
  • 18 Replies

Does your child(ren) have them?

Does your child(ren) take part in them?

Does the school sell t-shirts with the school logo?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommybug77
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:41 PM

They are having sports day on Thursday & will get to wear fav sports team t shirt & jeans. They normally wear a uniform so yes my daughters will partake. No they don't sell tshirts with a school logo except gym shirts

momof754
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

Does your child(ren) have them?yes

Does your child(ren) take part in them?yes

Does the school sell t-shirts with the school logo?yes

TheBabyFactory4
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:15 PM

yes her school has them, yes she does and yes they do sell the shirts at the beginning of the year. For some fridays if they donate $2 for a fund raiser or charity then they can wear the shirt, or for good behavior they get to wear the shirt. Since we are in hammond we also have had Saints spirit days where they got to wear saints or black and gold on fridays for 3 weeks in a row leading up to the super bowl. That was awesome. for some reason they have some spirit days where they can wear them with jeans or uniform pants. Last friday although she was sick and didnt go to school they could wear them with jeans, if they didnt have their "panda" shirt they could wear uniform shirt with jeans.

CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Every thursday is school spirt day, or Blue and gold day as we call it. Each of my kids have a sweatshirt and Ethan has a tshirt (elise didnt want one). They are sure to wear blue and gold each week.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Does your child(ren) have them? Yes

Does your child(ren) take part in them? Sometimes.  I let me son due it if he's interested, but he's usually not.

Does the school sell t-shirts with the school logo? Yes.  The only consisten sale every year is Field Day.  My son has several of those.

hholllyy426
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:34 AM

No to all 3.

smcclure2005
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 4:43 AM

Yes my kid had them.

Yes he does I guess.

And yes the school sells those. I do not buy them.

Vicki729
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 7:00 AM

Many schools do Field Day.  All students participates.  The PTO buys t-shirts and the students decorate them.  The t-shirts are purchased at a local craft store for $3.  Each grades gets a different color and choose theme to decorate them with fabric paint.  One year it was an Olympic theme and each grade chose a different country.  Loved that one!  Here are more field day ideas:

http://www.ptoideas.com/category/6/Special-Events#fieldday

rkoloms
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 7:02 AM

The kids have to wear a school t-shirt for gym class and field trips. There is a clothing exchange every year, and a box to donate used school wear.

Robin in Chicago

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Quoting kmrtigger:

Does your child(ren) have them? Yes. Once a month we have a school spirit day. On that day, the children are allowed to wear any spirit items  (tees, sweaters, headbands etc) INSTEAD OF the standard uniform.

Does your child(ren) take part in them? Most of the time. The exception is if a child's class has a field trip. Field trips require full dress uniform, so if a child's class has a field trip, they do not get to participate in that Spirit Day.

Does the school sell t-shirts with the school logo? Yes. We are required to have polo shirts with the school emblem, the school also sells tee-shirts with the school emblem, sweaters with the same etc. The upper school students are required to have blazers with the school emblem.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)