Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Field Trips

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

So has your child went on any yet this year?

Where did they go?

Did you go too?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matofour
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM

my 2 grader will be going in april, they are going to the museum of natural history in new york city (a hour bus ride for us).

my husband is going.

Last year they went to a farm, I went.

In kindergarten they went to a zoo, we were not picked to go.  I was okay with it.

Not sure if I would of been okay with my 2 grader going into NYC without me this year though, glad my  husband is going.

CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Ethan has gone on one. To the apple orchard.

Elise has gone on several. Apple orchard, the food bank, animal shelter, a play at a community college 1 hr away.

mommybug77
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:22 PM

No the principal said none until state testing is over. Their last testing day is Monday. Thursday is their last day of school until the end of March though. Hopefully they can get one in April, May or June though

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Yes, my son has gone to several.  An overnight field trip. National park. Winter carnival. I think there might have been one or two others.  It's hard to keep track.  He's going to a play in a few weeks.

My son goes to an inner city school, and they partnered with a suburan classroom so they can learn from eachother.  They did the field trip to the national park together, and they've done a couple scheduled webcam meetings inside their classroom.  I think they're also going to have one more field trip together, but I'm not sure where.

I haven't joined them on one field trip yet.  I work full time.  I've offered in the past, but they've always had enough stay at home parent or retired grandparent volunteers.

hholllyy426
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:36 AM

No to all 3.

Three strikes you're out.

starlight1968
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM

I hate the school my dd is in now.  They don't go on any field trips, the only kids allowed to leave school are in "events" for club things like Wiz kids or band (that is pretty much it lol) so that pretty much leaves the rest of the kids stuck in school.  I feel kids learn from reaching out of the school and seeing things.

I am sooo glad she's off to another school next year..hope they have them.

rkoloms
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 7:00 AM

Quoting starlight1968:

I hate the school my dd is in now.  They don't go on any field trips, the only kids allowed to leave school are in "events" for club things like Wiz kids or band (that is pretty much it lol) so that pretty much leaves the rest of the kids stuck in school.  I feel kids learn from reaching out of the school and seeing things.

That is terrible! Every class in my daughter's elementary school has at least one field trip a month. Annual trips include the Art Institute and the zoo. Other trips are to plays, concerts, etc.

Robin in Chicago

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:01 PM

My youngest went to a children's museum back in the fall and my oldest is going to an aviary in a few weeks.  I am going on the oldest one's trip, but I didn't go with the youngest.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:07 PM

DS1 has gone on 1 this year, to International Towne. It was awesome and they had a blast. His grade will go up to the mountains for a few nights in mid-May as well.

DD's grade visits a nursing home once a month, to talk to the residents and see what life was like when they were young. The kids also do skits and sing. They will do a 2 night stay in the mountains as well - skiing, sledding, etc…

starlight1968
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Quoting rkoloms:

Quoting starlight1968:

That is terrible! Every class in my daughter's elementary school has at least one field trip a month. Annual trips include the Art Institute and the zoo. Other trips are to plays, concerts, etc.

Yeah, this school is so 'warped' before this my dd went on lots of different field trips.  I always go with her as one of the chaperones...I only missed one lol as I'd hurt my foot and couldn't walk...I was soooo bummed lol and so was her class so that kinda made me feel good lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)