Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Art Class

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does your child bring home art each week?

Did they need any special supplies?

Did they need and art shirt?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

My kids go to art class once a week. Each class does. Everything they need is provided by the school. They have done special projects and wish lists come home............. we usually try to send at least one thing each time.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:43 PM

No.  My sons teachers have always incorporated art into the classroom projects. 

Also, they have a partnership with a local art musuem where parent volunteers (through the museum's assistance) educate the classroom about different famous works of art and famous artists.  My son has learned about different art styles through this program, and so I'm very grateful for the museum to provide it.

lewseatea
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Due to budget cuts, we have parent-lead art enrichment at my son's school.  It's actually a great program.  There are lessons that parents can just copy and use to lead art class.  I'm one of the leaders and I enjoy it very much.  Without this, the kids would just have art just a few times each year.  The supplies are provided using donated money from the beginning of the school year. 

Looking for ways to spend quality time without spending money??  Please check out my group Free Family Activities in the Twin Cities: http://www.cafemom.com/group/twincitiesfreefun

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Quoting lewseatea:

Due to budget cuts, we have parent-lead art enrichment at my son's school.  It's actually a great program.  There are lessons that parents can just copy and use to lead art class.  I'm one of the leaders and I enjoy it very much.  Without this, the kids would just have art just a few times each year.  The supplies are provided using donated money from the beginning of the school year. 

I noticed that you're in the Twin Cities too.  Does your school also do the Art Adventure program offered through the MIA?  That's the program I'm referring to my my post above yours.

It's great that your volunteering at the school to make sure the kids still have exposure to art.  Kudos to you!

hholllyy426
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:34 AM

No to all 3 again. But they do get art but it's not every week, maybe once a month.

IMAMOM2-2KIDS
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 5:46 AM

My son does not do a whole lot really only once a week it has some cutting pasting and coloring.

ETS I sent one of my husbands Tshirts if they need it...they wea uniforms so i dont want paint on it if they use them.

rkoloms
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 7:04 AM

Art was replaced by computers about fifteen years ago. Some teachers have a weekly art class. Parent volunteers run an art appreciation program called Art Lovers. There is an after school art class called Young Rembrandts.

Robin in Chicago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)