Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

inernet site

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son is interested in Internet gaming sites for kids.  Does anyone have any recommendations of safe sites. He is 10 years old.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

My kids love Webkinz, but you have to purchase a stuffed animal to be able to get the account. Nickelodeon is another good site.

mfulks
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:40 PM

cartoonnetwork and funbrian.com

Kim24kids
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:41 PM

My kids like pogo.It has TONS of games!!

Xantho
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:01 PM

popcap.com

disney

Some of the PP listed some good ones too!

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:17 PM

legos.com

m&ms.com

tonka.com

disney.com

Elizabeth4980
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:45 PM

kidzui and zoodles are browsers that allow kids to surf around and access different gaming sites on the internet that are age appropriate and prescreened.  kidzui is aimed more at older kids probably your son's age, but zoodles also has plenty of games for his age as well.  both of them have a free version and a paid version.  the free version is just fine but the paid version allows you to do more customizing on what your kids can and can't access (like maybe you want to block everything except learning games, or whatever).  but both browsers already block stuff that isn't age appropriate.  we use and like both of them.

hholllyy426
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I like what everyone else said. My son hasn't gotten too much into the computer yet but I am stealing this, hope you don't mind OP.

Quoting Elizabeth4980:

kidzui and zoodles are browsers that allow kids to surf around and access different gaming sites on the internet that are age appropriate and prescreened.  kidzui is aimed more at older kids probably your son's age, but zoodles also has plenty of games for his age as well.  both of them have a free version and a paid version.  the free version is just fine but the paid version allows you to do more customizing on what your kids can and can't access (like maybe you want to block everything except learning games, or whatever).  but both browsers already block stuff that isn't age appropriate.  we use and like both of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)