Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't know what to do....

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

My daughter had strep 6 weeks ago they put her on Cephalexon....took all that then three weeks ago she was sick again and come to find out its strep...put her on amoxacilian for that...From day 1 of 2nd strep throat she had this horrible cough and they told me it would go away with the antibiotic and such...well 2 weeks later she was still coughing and her meds had run out so I take her back in...she now is diagnosed having Bronchitis...(happened on THursday)

Last night she was throwing up, she says her throat still hurts a lot and she's still coughing...I forgot to mention they put her on a Z-pack this time and only has 2 more doses.

I've been pushing fluids lots and lots of water, and I'm a stickler about her taking her medicine and resting. 

I'm at wits end though my little girl is bawling because her throat hurts her which is making it worse. :(

Any advice mommas?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Try some warm tea w/ honey. It will help soothe her soreness.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:10 PM

You beat me to the tea w/honey.  There's also those throat sprays, they are only a short term fix though - they wear off quickly.  Strep has been bad this year - my son has had it twice already.

LovinSweetsMama
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Yep warm tea should help some. Or some throat losanges may help sooth it some. Also keep with the liquids.

LovinSweetsMama
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

You beat me to the tea w/honey.  There's also those throat sprays, they are only a short term fix though - they wear off quickly.  Strep has been bad this year - my son has had it twice already.

Yep those work great also.

Xantho
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I'm not sure she'd drink the tea but I'll try it.

I usually have her drink warm chicken broth...or just warm water in general (she doesn't like warm water but she doesn't puke it up either)

mfulks
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:37 PM

lots of vitiamin c and i think strep is just bad this year both my twins had it and they mess 7 days of school with it they were sick a total of 10 days i had to call doc with each kid and get cough medican cause there cough would not go away but i would do lots of vitiamin c  halls has cough drops in them and we just kept lots of thoose around the kids ate them like something awfull but it seemed to help and clorospetic makes some medicine for kids u spray in there throats to numb it for awhile hope this helps

Kim24kids
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Quoting mfulks:

lots of vitiamin c and i think strep is just bad this year both my twins had it and they mess 7 days of school with it they were sick a total of 10 days i had to call doc with each kid and get cough medican cause there cough would not go away but i would do lots of vitiamin c  halls has cough drops in them and we just kept lots of thoose around the kids ate them like something awfull but it seemed to help and clorospetic makes some medicine for kids u spray in there throats to numb it for awhile hope this helps

Xantho
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Thank you ladies! Now just need hubby to get off work so I can go to the store!

I refuse to take my sick child into a store...wish everyone thought this way!

Burwell
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I was also thinking of the warm team with honey.  I really hope she gets better soon.  I know how it feels to have a sick child and you seem to be doing all you can, and they don't get better.

Xantho
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:10 PM

It's awful usually she doesn't get sick but last summer her BM put her in a swimming pool in 45 degree weather, sent her home w/wet hair and no coat! She got walking pnemonia and ever since she has gotten sick...a lot!

Last night my hubby fell asleep on the couch watching a movie and she came in woke me up and said mommy I just threw up on daddy because he wouldn't wake up.  That was a lovely wake up at 3am lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)