Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter Egg Hunt

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: School Easter egg hunt

Options:

it is fine

it is not fine

other, plz explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

Just wondering how many schools do them for the kids and how you feel about it. Just curious not wanting/trying to get a big debate going. Thanks ladies!

My son's school does, well they are invitied to the assisted living housing and do an Easter egg hunt there. This is my son's first year and he is really excited. I think it is fine that the school does that. We are doing our own Easter egg hunt today since we will have both the boys together.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I think its fine to do them but I dont think its fine they rely on the parents to bring the eggs and candy.  I spent $10 on candy and eggs for my 2 kids for school.  I still have to buy eggs for home and Easter baskets and stuff to go in them for 3 kids.  I know $10 isnt alot of money but it is when u have other things to be bought and when u have already contributed to other things at the school.  I have gotten to where anytime they do somethng special like parties or the such I only help and bring things in every other time.  I just dont have the money to do it everytime.  AND if the school wants for the kids to do these kinds of fun things then the school needs to furnish the stuff to do it.

Not Perfect

momma2JD
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I understand where you are coming from. The school here is pretty good about supplying everything needed for things like this. The only thing the kids were asked to bring was an Easter basket. The PTO of our school does a lot to make sure the kids get to do things like this with little to no cost to the parents.

Rushn311
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:14 AM

They don't do them at my daughters school, but I would be fine w/ it, if they did.

jlmomto2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Our school doesn't do one.  If they did I would be fine with it.

CaLizzyMom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Our school does them for the K-2nd grade, the other elementary classes have parties, but not necessarily eggs.  Of course, its totally up to whatever the teacher and the parents decide because it is a very small private school, and we provide everything.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:40 AM

My sons school does not have one, but if they did we would go to support the school and community.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Quoting Rushn311:

They don't do them at my daughters school, but I would be fine w/ it, if they did.

Same here.  But I don't think it would ever happen in my son's school.  We live in a regufee city, and so there are many different cultures here.  I have no idea if the majority of the students in the district are Christian.  If they even considered it, there would have to be an option for kids to opt out of the hunt and have some alternative for them.

My son's school actually has spring break this week, and so that would be another issue with an egg hunt.  LOL!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Our school doesn't celebrate religious holdiays due to there being kids of diverse religious backgrounds in the school.  Easter is a Christian holiday and not everyone in this country is Christian and celebrates Easter. 

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I think it is fine. We had to donate 6 eggs full of candy or a small toy for my kindergartner. they had a blast. And my older two had one provided by the PTO. And they enjoyed it.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Quoting kmrtigger:

I think it is fine. We had to donate 6 eggs full of candy or a small toy for my kindergartner. they had a blast. And my older two had one provided by the PTO. And they enjoyed it.

Thats great. I would have no problem if my sons school did it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)