Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BOILED OR PLASTIC??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM
  • 25 Replies

OKAY LADIES,  HOW MANY OF YOU STILL COLOR BOILED EGGS EVEN THOUGH PLASTIC IS SO MUCH EASIER. AND DO ANY OF YOU LET THEM EAT THE BOILED EGGS THAT THEY FIND DURING THE EASTER EGG HUNT? I DON'T.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momforhealth
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:41 AM

We usually eat them right after we make them....then i use plastic.

auroragold
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:47 AM

We boil & color some and the Easter Bunny puts them in the basket with goodies. 

Real eggs are never used for the hunts for a few reasons:
1) EWWW when they can't be found!
2) Egg allergies - we have friends with serious allergy to anything containing egg products. 

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:33 AM

We dont hide boiled eggs. We do a huge egg hunt for my sons friends and use plastic eggs with a piece of candy in it. This year we have filled 2010 eggs. We will have 21 - 25 kids between the ages of 2 -21 participating. We do this at my moms house and we feed everyone. This year I believe we will have more adults then kids because some of my friends kids are to old to do it, but will be there for it.

I do color eggs for Nathan just to do it. I put them in the fridge and he eats them when he wants.

I dont think we have ever hunted hard boiled eggs, lol

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM

My son will color eggs with my mom, but those go right in the fridge and are eaten on Easter with whatever meal we have.

We don't egg huts.  My son has been on egg huts with friends, but we've never done one.  He's an only child, and he has no cousin his age.  So he would be doing it by himself on Easter day.  Also, we lived in apartments for the first 5 years of his life, and so we didn't have the room for an egg hunt really.

If we did do egg hunts, I would probably use plastic eggs.  That's what was used in the few egg hunts he has been on.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM

We only use plastic for our easter egg hunt, you can put cute little surprises in them.  We still color the boiled eggs to eat though, my family likes eggs.

CookieQueen67
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM

We still boil and color eggs. We also have plastic ones. Once they are all found it's our tradition to turn the colored eggs into deviled eggs. They don't last long after that.  :)

lvmom76
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Does anyone know a trick to drain the egg without cracking?

vlester
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM

boiled

Carey2006
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I'm allergic so plastic....but I'm sure ONE day when my son is older we'll do REAL EGGS just for the experience

CaLizzyMom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Quoting lvmom76:

Does anyone know a trick to drain the egg without cracking?

You have to "blow-out" the egg. this site gave some simple directions:

http://www.wikihow.com/Blow-Out-Eggs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)