Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The award for "Bad Mommy" goes to.... Update>>

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:16 AM
  • 14 Replies

ME!!!!

I have to take my dd to the doctor today for her school shots. She has to get 4 of them. I'm so dreading the appointment today. She knows she's going for a check-up,but I haven't told her about the shots yet. Wish me luck today!!!!

Update...

We are back from the doctors appt and she did better thn I thought she would. She cried for a second. But I was in tears:(  Glad it is over with until she is 11yrs old. We went to Wal-mart and got her a special prize for doing so good.So now I'm the "Good Mommy" AGAIN...lol

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auroragold
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM

woo boy - I don't envy you today.

But sorry - you do NOT win the "Bad mommy" award 'cause it's not your fault!!

Moonbeam2830
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:23 AM

poor baby....she is going to mad but not you at the doctor lol.....your not a bad mom we all had to go trough this i have to do my sons in the summer he finishes preschool he cant wait to go to school with his big sister lol......

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Good luck!!! I am sure it will go very well.

melonieb
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM

MEEEEEE!!!!!!! oh sorry, i got carried away. i deserve this lovely award cuz my kids are gonna be in their rooms til they go to school. lol oh yeah i am not going to the school function today.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:29 PM

LOL, I never would tell my son about getting shots either!  I'm not sure if he would go to the dr appt then!

Good luck!  Hope there aren't too many tears!

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Well I don't think you need and award for sparing your child the bad news or your self the stress of having to drag them out the door when it comes time to leave either. I never tell my kids. I let the doctor be the bearer of bad news. Good luck!

Julielle
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Good luck! Poor little thing. I hate when they get shots =(. My son had blood drawn on Tuesday and I cried more than he did!

CookieQueen67
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:40 PM

No bad mommy award for that. You are doing the right thing for your child. In my book you get the Great Mommy Award! Good luck. I'm so bad when my ds gets shots the nurse asks me if I'm okay. LOL

hholllyy426
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:58 PM

GL,  I don't tell my son either.

momof754
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:07 PM

you do not deserve this award. there are far worse mothers out there that deserve it. i am lucky, i can tell my three they are getting shots and it isnt a big deal. my daughter has not a problem with needles, which is a good thing cause she has had stitches already,lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)