• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A healthy lunch....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:36 AM
  • 10 Replies

What would you consider a healthy lunch for your kids?

in loveboy n girl

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:42 AM

A ham sandwich, fruit cup and a kashi granola bar with a glass of chocolate milk.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Something that included protein, fresh fruit or veggies, and whole grains.  Not too much fat or sugar either.

rkoloms
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:35 PM

A whole grain tortilla with hummus and shredded vegetables (like carrots, cucumber, jicama); frozen pineapple chunks, water.

I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years; send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Robin in Chicago

Bieg9093
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Depends a lot on what breakfast and dinner are, doesn't it?

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Green apples, 100% whole wheat bread w/ peanut butter, and sliced bananas. With a glass of chocolate ovatine.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Quoting kmrtigger:

Green apples, 100% whole wheat bread w/ peanut butter, and sliced bananas. With a glass of chocolate ovatine.

Yummy. My son would eat that up in no time.

auroragold
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Quoting Barabell:

Something that included protein, fresh fruit or veggies, and whole grains.  Not too much fat or sugar either.

yep - THIS

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Today the kids took a vegetable quesadilla, salsa, some beans and rice, an orange and a thermos of green tea lemonade.  I think my DD snuck in a few Hershey Kisses as well.

The vegetable quesadillas have spinach, tomato, onion, bellpeppers, carrots and mushrooms in them.

The little ones and I are having grilled cheese with ham, chopped salad with a light vinaigrette, and oranges

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Quoting heybooboo:

Today the kids took a vegetable quesadilla, salsa, some beans and rice, an orange and a thermos of green tea lemonade.  I think my DD snuck in a few Hershey Kisses as well.

The vegetable quesadillas have spinach, tomato, onion, bellpeppers, carrots and mushrooms in them.

The little ones and I are having grilled cheese with ham, chopped salad with a light vinaigrette, and oranges

Can I come to your house for lunch w/ the little ones and you???? I will wash the dishes.

purplemoosemom
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Not what my kids get a school.....lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)