Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so happy for my son!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

Oh my gosh, I am so excited for my son!  He is 6 years old.  Right before spring break we were having issues with his behavior at school.  Just not following directions, staying on task, sitting still etc. 

We met with the school psychologist to come up with a plan to help my son.  He has always been a bright child.  Reading and math way above grade level.  They originally wanted him to skip first grade but we didn't think he was ready for that.

They tested him for gifted and talented and to see what his iq is.  His overall iq is 135.  His math iq is 145 and reading is 130!  According to the psychologists there is only 2% of the population in the US that tests above 140.

I am so excited for him and what his future will be!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
natesmom1228
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:23 PM

way to goThat is so exciting.

Radarma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:40 PM

This is very valuable info for you mom!

This sho9uld make a lot of the pieces fall together.

:)

kenziewenzie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM

It sure did, thank you guys very much!

rebelmom120602
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:44 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!  My son is in 1st grade and reading at almost 3rd grade level and he is going to be screened for gifted at the end of 1st grade!!

kenziewenzie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Quoting rebelmom120602:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!  My son is in 1st grade and reading at almost 3rd grade level and he is going to be screened for gifted at the end of 1st grade!!

That is fantastic!  That is what we experienced with our son.  We had to push for them to test him because our school district doesn't usually test for gifted until they are in third grade.  I am glad we did it too.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Quoting natesmom1228:

way to goThat is so exciting.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Quoting Radarma:

This is very valuable info for you mom!

This should make a lot of the pieces fall together.

:)

Agreed!  Hopefully the school district he goes to has gifted and talented services.  Since you have that information now, you need to make sure he doesn't get bored by school.

Great news!  You should be proud of him :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)