Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girl scouts and the school...again!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

OMG, my kids school principal is an IDIOT!!  That man drives me insane!  I've written before about nobody calling me to let me know that we can't use the school for our girl scout meetings, well it happened AGAIN tonight.  UGH!  I arrived and the parking lot was full.  I walked into the school and to the office.  The principal says that every room is full because it was parent/teacher conferences plus the book fair tonight.  He told me he didn't have any place for us to hold our meeting.   I asked why I wasn't called and he said my dd's teacher was supposed to tell my dd (who is 5) to tell me we couldn't use the school today.  I was like are you kidding me?  She's 5 for Pete's sake.  Then he bends down and says "Emma, didn't Mrs. O tell you to tell your mom that you couldn't have girl scouts tonight?"  Emma shrugged her shoulders.  I was pissed.  Who tells a 5 yr old to give a message to their mom?  You're the adult, call me!  He tells me we can have our meeting outside.  Gee, thanks!  There's no picnic tables or anything outside so one of the moms goes inside to see if we can get some tables, he says no.  After a lot of complaining from the moms and kids, he finally lets us use the stage in the cafeteria.  Half was through the meeting, he peeks his head in and demands to see me in the hallway.  I walk out there and he BLAMES ME for the "misunderstanding".  We got into it in the hallway.  He tells me that he doesn't have to let me use the school, that it's a privilege.  I told him we had an agreement that I could use the school and at the very least, he should call me and give me notice that the school wasn't available.  NOT pass a message through my 5 yr old.  He said it was a misunderstanding and didn't appropriate how we handled it.  I said this is the third week in a row that we arrived at the school only to be told we couldn't use it and nobody called me!  He flat out called me a liar.  UGH!!  I wanted to hit him so bad. 

So, we're not using the school anymore.  I was fuming but I was proud of myself, I kept my cool and was able to express my feelings in a calm and adult manor.  I really wanted to kick him in his nuts and tell him how I really feel.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Yes, I agree that YOU should have been notified by phone about the issue. I am glad you kept your cool and handled this in a calm manner. Maybe there is a church or community center you can use for the meetings from now on.

CrazedMomof2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Ohhhh, I would be mad too. How hard is it to make a phone call?

Michele-w3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Both my troops only have 4 meetings left this year.  Then we're only doing field trips through the summer.  We'll just meet at my house or the park or somewhere.  This summer I will be scouting for a new location.  One that can guarantee me my slot.

I

Michele-w3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:24 PM

And it really pissed me off that he put it on my 5 yr old.  Like she should be expected to be responsible enough to give me a message when none of the adults at the school can pick up the phone to give me the message.

She's 5.  I must have said that to him 20 times....she's FIVE YEARS OLD!! 

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Ohhhh, I would be mad too. How hard is it to make a phone call?

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM

I am sorry this has happened again. I would not have been so nice about it. Glad you were able to keep your cool and talk like an adult. Move on and find a better facility to have your meetings in. You and your girls will be better off in the long run.

armycoppertop
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:29 AM

I would be complaining to the school board... it doesn't matter if he doesn't "have" to let you use the school or not, as principle, he is expected to act professionally at ALL times, and passing a meesage through ANYBODY instead of going directly through you is unprofessional, and if he passes messages like that through your 5 year old to you regarding GS, then what other messages does he pass through chilren to the parents?

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 2, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Good for you for keeping your cool!  I'm not sure if I would have behaved the same given the circumstance!

I have no idea how a principal that works with kids would expect a 5 year old to remember to pass on the message.  I agree, how hard would it really have been for him to call you or even email you if he didn't want to talk to you directly?

Families active in Girl Scouts are a benefit to the community.  I have no idea why a principal would NOT support their activities!?!

HardWorkingMomK
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM

i cant believe he tried to blame your 5 yr old for not telling you! what kind of crap is that? you handled that much better than i would have. 

Cenchan
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Man. I would have demanded to see a schedule for the rest of the month of after-school activities. They're a school, for crying out loud, they should at least have that out together. Depending on my composure, I would have probably sat down with him and went through the rest of the meeting dates and asked, "Is there anything happening on this day? What about this day?" treating him like a child who needs help learning how to schedule events. Bleh. You'd probably have better luck meeting at your local library.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)