Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shoes Shoes Shoes

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:23 PM
  • 36 Replies

Where did you buy your kids last pair of shoes?

Do you feel you got a good pair for your money?

Where do you usulaly buy their shoes?

Have you ever bought a pair that just fell apart?

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Hmmm, payless, sears or walmart.( I actually need to get them new school uniform shoes, ugggghhhhh!)

I always get a good pair for my money.

And no they have never just fallen apart. So far, lol.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Where did you buy your kids last pair of shoes? I just got my oldest a cheap pair at Walmart because his old shoes were a 2.5 and he didn't tell me that they were tight until we went to buy his baseball shoes and he needed a 4!  So I got him the cheap pair to finish out the school year.

Do you feel you got a good pair for your money? I paid $10 for them so I'm sure that they will last until the end of school, but not much longer than that, so they will be play shoes over the summer.  lol 

Where do you usulaly buy their shoes? I usually buy their shoes at Kohl's

Have you ever bought a pair that just fell apart? not that I can remember

momof754
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Where did you buy your kids last pair of shoes?walmart

Do you feel you got a good pair for your money?yes. i bought like 12 pairs of shoes for like 30 bucks. there was a store gettingready to move and they didnt want to take all their merchandise with them

Where do you usulaly buy their shoes?walmart, payless or sears

Have you ever bought a pair that just fell apart?nope, cant say that i have

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I always buy my sons shoes at Kohls. They have the Tony Hawk brand that he loves and they last a long time. They are the only brand that he will wear. I was the same way growing up. My brand was British Knights.

c_turtle21
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I have found that it is cheaper(and better quality) to shop at a GOOD shoe store on a sale or clearance. The last pair of shoes I bought were for my 7 year old. They were converse cheer shoes that I got on clearance for $15 and I bought myself a pair of $100 New Balance for $30 at TJMaxx. Stores like Finish Line, Stride Rite and Nike have FABULOUS clearance.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 2, 2010 at 3:27 PM

It's been awhile since we've bought new shoes for my son because his feet haven't grown.  I think his two pair right now are from last fall.  He'll probably need a new pair at the start of summer.

We buy his shoes at Famous Footwear when they have the buy one, get one half off.  His favorite brand is Vans.  He also likes Sketchers and Converse. 

We usually spend about $35 to $50 for the two pairs of name brand shoes.  We're lucky because we don't have tax on clothes here, and so that also helps keep the cost down.

momof3angela
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 3:31 PM

The last pair of shoes I bought were tennis shoes for my 7 yo son at Kohl's....we got Nike's for 37 dollars....great deal and great shoes.  We have had fall apart shoes from discount places but it was expected...LOL

momof2angels491
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Where did you buy your kids last pair of shoes? Finish Line

Do you feel you got a good pair for your money? Yes

Where do you usulaly buy their shoes? Finish Line

Have you ever bought a pair that just fell apart? No, not at all

I don't think there is anything wrong with buy cheaper shoes if that's all you can get. I used to buy them from payless all the time. But since my boys started walking, all they could wear is either Adidas or Under Armor. They are very active and participate in football. So I have to buy them the higher priced shoes. I settle for cheap shoes for myself.

auroragold
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM

THANKFULLY - we are the glad recipients of hand me downs!  I rarely have had to buy shoes for DD because my neice (only 3 weeks older) has HUGE feet! Seriously - she's always 2 sizes ahead of my dd even though my DD is taller than her! Go figure.

I'm glad to take the hand me downs!

Xantho
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Where did you buy your kids last pair of shoes? Gymboree

Do you feel you got a good pair for your money? Yes I think so

Where do you usulaly buy their shoes? Payless, Target, Wal-Mart

Have you ever bought a pair that just fell apart? Not fallen apart but stretched out very quickly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)