Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shopping for kids clothes..

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:24 PM
  • 41 Replies

Do you bring your kids shopping for their clothes and let them pick them our or do you just buy them and say "Look what I got you" LOL.

DO they like shopping?

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I can normally do the shopping with out them. But my middle son just hit his second growth spurt. So we have to take him with us later this week for new jeans. I am taking him to make sure I get the correct size. They love to go shopping and are usually very well behaved.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:29 PM

I can pick up things for my 6 y/o without him being there and he usually likes them.  Now for my 9 y/o he has to come with me, because if not I'd spend too much time returning clothing.  Both of them are typical men and HATE shopping.  So we usually just go to the store to get their things and no place else.

karenlynne30
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I do both. Sometimes it's easier to just go without them, if I am really busy. If I take them with me, I usually pick out several things and say, "Which do you like best?" and let them pick that way. Or if they ask for something and it passes inspection, I will get it for them. I figure when they get a little older I will let them have more decision making power, but I will always have the power of the veto, lol. While they live on my dime anyway. :D

momof754
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM

for the most part, i usually buy them what they need. but they do go shopping with me at school time and they are very well behaved when we go out in public

lovemy2boys39
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I buy his clothes while he's with me and while he's not. Sometimes he likes what I pick out and sometimes he doesn't. lol He picked out all of his school clothes this year. He's growing up. He does like to shop.

qkforever
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:50 AM

With my dd she has to go she is picky about her clothes.  My son for the most part I can pick up whatever.  Though right now I have to take him because he doesn't fit in 8 pants anymore and 10 for the most part are way too long for him.  Which is a huge pain in the butt. 

vlester
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I take my son with me just in case I want him to try on stuff, he hates it

themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:44 AM

sometimes yes and sometimes no..if I'm shopping for shoes they have to come because their feet grow too quick.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:47 AM

I do a little of both. Being a SAHM I get alot of time to myself. I know the type of clothes that he likes so sometimes its easier to buy something and show him. If he likes it, it stays, if not it goes back and he picks what he likes. I am usually pretty good though.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Quoting themomof3boys:

sometimes yes and sometimes no..if I'm shopping for shoes they have to come because their feet grow too quick.

True, same here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)