Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ICELAND VOLCANO

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:24 AM
  • 12 Replies

Has it affected your travel plans for this spring or those of your family?

Tell us the story.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:47 AM

No, it doesn't affect me at all.

Ibelongtojesus
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:37 AM

no.  but this will have a global effect.

IMAMOM2-2KIDS
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:52 AM

It didnt effect me but I know many people that were away from Spring break and are having problems flying back into Germany(this is where we live). We were in Spain but luckly we took a bus tour. It did make the air smell funny for a few days(or so I was told) but we have blue skies now, it is a bit ahazy off in the distance but I dont know if it is from that or not.

karenlynne30
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:56 AM

No, but my best friend works for British Airways in Las Vegas, and she says it has been VERY hard, as people get mad that their flight was cancelled and yell at the folks at the counter. As if the ticket agents had any control over the volcano, lol. 

auroragold
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM

I'm struck by the number of people stranded - just stranded around the world.

I can't imagine trying to leave from vacation - not be ABLE to go and have no money.  Can't afford a hotel - how about food?   It's simply amazing.

And yes, the long term GLOBAL affects are astonishing. And I'm not talking financial ramifications but weather, temperature, etc.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Quoting auroragold:

I'm struck by the number of people stranded - just stranded around the world.

I can't imagine trying to leave from vacation - not be ABLE to go and have no money.  Can't afford a hotel - how about food?   It's simply amazing.

And yes, the long term GLOBAL affects are astonishing. And I'm not talking financial ramifications but weather, temperature, etc.

And now their is a big fear of the volcano next to it erupting. Which is bigger and more destructive then this one. I was watching the news and it said that every type this one erupted, that one always did.

hepmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Pssh...I wish.  I'd LOVE to be stuck in London right about now. 

auroragold
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Quoting hepmommy:

Pssh...I wish.  I'd LOVE to be stuck in London right about now. 

well........yeah..........me too............but only if I had money.

LOL - being a hobo bum with a kid stuck in an airport sounds like hell to me!!

starlight1968
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:40 PM

my dh and I were just discussing this at brkfst.  The Royal Navy has sent 2 aircraft carriers to get people home...

Elizabeth4980
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Nope, not me but there are two ladies in our due date group who are having a hard time getting family members over in time for the birth because of it.  That would suck so bad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)