Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Off shoot post - Languages

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:39 AM
  • 15 Replies

What language did you take in school?

Can you still speak any of it?

Melissa.gif picture by siggyfreeforall

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:40 AM

I took french from 6th grade straight through 12th and yes I can still speak some of it. Not as much as I would like, but some.

StephanieSH
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I took three years of Spanish and I can understand some of it and pretty much read any sign in Spanish around town.  I took French in college and I can't understand it or speak it at all.  I shouldn't have switched languages in college.  I should have stuck with Spanish.  It was too difficult to learn a new language when I wasn't fluent in the other one yet.

amzbrznjz
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:56 AM

spanish, and I am glad, my DH family is hispanic and we speak Spanish, only time I speak English is with my parents, work and with my younger son, after he hears it in Spanish first of course

hepmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I slid in just barely under the wire with two years of French.  I think if it hadn't been for my friend in class with me then I would have flunked miserably.

soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM

The only thing they offered by the time I took languages as Spanish.  Yes, I do because my ex doesn't speak very good English and I also teach it.

family in the van   Mom of four

starlight1968
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Well live in Texas so I took Spanish for 2 years.  My dad took German & my mom took French (lived in Pennsyl.) lol so we never really used any of it.  My sisters didn't take any...

I can do ok with basic stuff and will probably have my dd take spanish when she gets the opt. and then I'll work with her and maybe learn some more myself too.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:05 PM

LOL - I live in PA and I took German in high school and can still speak it a little bit.  My mom and grandma speak fluent French, so I do know a good bit of French too and speak it more than I do the German.  French speaking and German speaking heritages are very common here in PA.  There is a church in my small town where their service is in French, has been that way for over 200 years.

jhelmke
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:10 PM

I took 4 years of German. I can still speak some of it and write it.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I took half a year of French in high school.  The class moved way to fast for me.  It was too hard for me.

hholllyy426
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Spanish and yes I am fluent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)