Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alone in the car.......

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM
  • 12 Replies

Do you ever leave your kids in the car alone?

When have you done it?

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parkerkamismom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:06 PM

The ONLY time I have ever left my kids alone in the car is when they are in the garage at home (car not running) and I needed to run back in for a second, other than that, they get out and come with me.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:06 PM

NEVER!  Not even for a few minutes, you don't know what is going to happen and my child's life is just to important to me.

DebTiMiLaSa
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Depends on their ages. Not under 9 unless their is an older child in the car.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:08 PM

No I have never left him alone in the car. I am always paranoid about him getting stolen, lol

soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Quoting DebTiMiLaSa:

Depends on their ages. Not under 9 unless their is an older child in the car.

family in the van   Mom of four

jbirchard
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I have, but I can see the car. I run in to the store, park right in front and run in real quick.  The car is always in my view and it's the neighborhood store. Doors are locked, I think it's fine as long as the car is in view the whole time.

mommas3cubs
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Yep I have.

Elizabeth4980
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Yep, if I can see the car I will leave the kids in the car and lock the doors.  If I use my clicker to lock the doors then if anyone opens the doors (either the kids from the inside or someone else from the outside) the car alarm goes off and alerts me.  I mean, I don't leave them there for long, and not at all if it is dangerously cold or hot outside, but if I can see the vehicle I don't see the problem.  No different than them playing in the backyard and me watching them from the window, it's a secure place (extra secure for the little ones since they aren't able to undo their carseat buckles anyways).

Group Mod

CrazedMomof2
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I have left them in the car to pump gas .I would never leave them in when it is warm outside or too cold.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I have--but not while the car is running--to do things like pump gas or run back inside the house if something was forgotten.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)