Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Haircuts...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:15 PM
  • 17 Replies

Who decides when it is time to get the hair cut?

Does the child have a say in the style or length of the cut?

Who does the cutting?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

Who decides when it is time to get the hair cut?  My DH and I say when it's time based on the style on his style growing out.

Does the child have a say in the style or length of the cut? Yes.

Who does the cutting? He likes a buzz, and so it's easy enough for me or my DH to do at home.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:44 PM

We decide when it is time to get the hair cut.

We allow them to decide on the actual length to a certain point during the school year. Once it is summer break they can pick and choose their style all they want.

We usually go to the salon in Walmart. My kids sit still and it is quick. Now if they want a buzz cut we handle that in our bathroom with the clippers. Same goes for a mohawk.

jhelmke
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:46 PM

My son gets his haircut when I do.  We go about every 6 weeks.  His air grows really fast. If it gets to long it stands up on its own and nothing can tame it.

reddecker
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM

My DH and I usually decide when its time to get hair cuts.

The kids get to pick their own style/length

For the boys dad cuts their hair with a clippers at home and I help dad buzz his, for us girls it is to the local salon because I don't trust myself except to do straight cuts.

Orionsgirl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Who decides when it is time to get the hair cut? I usually do but if they ask for a cut I will take them.

Does the child have a say in the style or length of the cut? Yes! They can pick the length and style and hubby and I will either agree to it or make another suggestion.

Who does the cutting? a salon

elissakendal
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I get my kids hair cut at great clips they are 10 5 and 1 1/2. The 2 oldest choose what kind of hair style they want and my son just gets a trim until his baby hair gets a little thicker

Barabell
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

We decide when it is time to get the hair cut.

We allow them to decide on the actual length to a certain point during the school year. Once it is summer break they can pick and choose their style all they want.

We usually go to the salon in Walmart. My kids sit still and it is quick. Now if they want a buzz cut we handle that in our bathroom with the clippers. Same goes for a mohawk.

I think it's so great that you do that.  About 3 summers ago long hair was REALLY popular on boys.  So I decided to grow out my son's hair most of the summer.  Come August I take him to a salon, and I told him to pick out whatever haircut he wants.  I tell him he can keep it longer if he wants. 

What does he choose?  A buzz cut. 

So that's what he got.  I do ask him once in awhile if he wants a change--I even offered a mohawk or some color--and it's still always just a buzz cut.  Nothing wrong with that.  I just want him to know that he can change it whenever he wants since it's his hair.

SAHMinIL2
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:58 PM

my kids have total say when it comes to their hair. They both have done long and short dos. The only thing is because of their young age people will call my SON a GIRL when his hair is longer, and will call my DAUGHTER a BOY when her hair is shorter.

It doesn't matter what they wear. My girl can be deck out in pink and still get called a boy. My boy can be wearing very boyish outfit and get call a girl. Both are sporting shorter dos today and if my daughter is NOT wearing a dress she will get called a boy, which is nuts if you ask me.

This blog post has pictures of my kids that were taken about a month ago. I don't understand how they can look at my daughter and call her a boy. Just today we went to a doctor office for my son, (he as a rash), and they asked me which one was Superstar. (Superstar is the screen name I use for my son). 

I thought to myself... Really?? My son has a traditional boy name and it just blows my mind that they would look at DD and think she's a boy too, just because of her current hair do. It's short, but it's not that short. She did have enough to put some curls in it a few weeks ago for her first communion. I don't get it!

Anyway...bottom line my kids get total say when it comes to hair cuts and styles. The only thing I will not do is let them dye it.

Sabella24
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Who decides when it is time to get the hair cut? usually me

Does the child have a say in the style or length of the cut? yes to a large extent

Who does the cutting? my husband

StructuredChaos
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:25 AM
I'm a stylist, so I cut DS hair. He decides how he wants it cut (he's 6). I tell him when it needs cut.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)