Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher Appreciation Week

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

Teacher Appreciation Week is May 3rd-7th 2010. I was wondering if you were doing something for thr teacher? Since I am the Room Parent I was thinking of having the teacher fill out a survey I create of various small things she might would like and send it home to the parents. And each day of the week have a different small token of love for her each day. And the last day I can get her something bug since i am holding the money for the class.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:41 PM

No, I have never did anything such as you are planning. But we do have the kids make the teacher a card or a poem. I like your idea though, very thoughtful!

Sabella24
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:15 AM

I haven't decided yet what I will have the boys do. I'm thinking my 2nd grader will take his teacher a small potted plant or a cactus or something cool. Will have to do more thinking about my 4th grader's teacher because it's a guy and flowers seem too girly.

indymom22
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Our school does a lot for teacher appreciation week, but what the teachers seem to like the most are handwritten notes from the kids or parents telling them why they are appreciated.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:33 AM

I have never heard of TAW. I don't think we do anything for it. Cute idea though. Good luck

ILmommy77
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 9:59 AM

We are having the kids write thank you notes and then on Friday each child will bring in a flower for her. I am the room mom so I will buy a vase for her so that she can put all 21 flowers in it.

jlmomto2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Our school celebrates by having days that you bring in their favorite something... a flower one day, candy another, etc.   I usually pick a day or two to send something in.

soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I'm a teacher and at the school I'm at, in the 3 years I've been here, I don't remember them doing much.  I think they may provide a breakfast but that's it.  All the other schools I've worked for, have gone out of their way for their teachers.

family in the van   Mom of four

vlester
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Thanks I think teachers are under-appreciated. I'm not a teacher but have always told I should be one since I love kids and seems like I love being at the school,lol. I might as well get paid for my time

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

No, I have never did anything such as you are planning. But we do have the kids make the teacher a card or a poem. I like your idea though, very thoughtful!

Same thing in our case.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Quoting vlester:

Thanks I think teachers are under-appreciated. I'm not a teacher but have always told I should be one since I love kids and seems like I love being at the school,lol. I might as well get paid for my time

I agree that teachers are very under-appreciated.  I have loved all five teachers my son has had so far.  I do make a point more than once in the school year to tell them that I value what they do for my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)