Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's under your table?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:50 AM
  • 48 Replies

I just bought a table and 7 chairs to fit my family so I cleaned my dining room from top to bottom before we put it in. Our carpet is so shot! Even with a huge rug under the table, the carpet is still awful.

So, what's under your table and do you like it?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FDNYwife
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:54 AM

I just have hard wood floors.  Yes  it looks like its missing something.... a rug!  But my kids make such a MESS and its such a pain to clean then! So when theyre a little older Ill put it back LOL

kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 2, 2010 at 9:39 AM

We have that old linoleum. I plan on putting in hardwood next year or late this summer. I do not put rugs near the dining room table ever, lol. Messy and more cleaning. My entire house is carpet free. Except for a few area rugs here and there. And I like it like that. I have dust allergies and carpet is horrible for me.

momofqxb
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM

there is carpet in the dining room, so the kids eat at the kitchen table, and the dining room only gets used for holidays, or parties. about 1-2 times a year I'll move everything around, and shampoo all the main carpets in the house.

natesmom1228
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I have blue linoleum in my kitchen and no I hate it, but I don't have the money to replace it right now. Soon the whole kitchen is going to get redone.

alexbean
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I liked what's under the table when I first cooked it lol. I'm always amazed at how much food crud I get out from under there even after sweeping. We have linoleum floors - no rug for now with a messy 7 year old and a 4 month old who has just discovered solids.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Hardwood. I love my hardwood floors. I can't wait for them to be refinished this fall.

tkleypas
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:07 PM

We have ceramic tile and a rug! I love it! 

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:11 PM

hardwood here as well.  With 4 kids we avoid carpet at all costs.  We have area rugs in some rooms, but food isn't allowed in those rooms and they get shampoo'd regularly.  

If you do end up with carpeting again, and a rug on top.  Get a plastic carpet protector to go under the rug.  

KTMOM
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:41 PM

We have nice vinyl flooring in our kitchen and I do like it.  I would love hardwoods though..

mommafrog3
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:44 PM

linoleum in the kitchen, and hardwood in the dining room. both are easy to clean great for boys 5 and 6.............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)