Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nashville flooding...please pray for the people(pic heavy)**UPDATE** in red

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM
  • 42 Replies

UPDATE:::: on channel 4 (the nashville local news channel) they are have a Flood Relief Telethone Donatation show...with lots of country singers and other. please call and donate..all the money stays in nashville to help out everybody...the number to call is

1-877-345-1522

thanks everybody

im in tennessee and i live about 30min from nashville...thankfully for my family we are not flooded but it is bad in nashville...the intersate has flooded, people houses, a mall, grocery stores....it tooks us 2 hours to get home yesterday due to road closures from flooding. and we are still getting rain and more to come the next couple of days. this is what we seen on our way home yesterday.

this was the side of the interstate(above)

this is a putt putt golf place (above)

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommafrog3
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:26 PM

WOW. thankfully i never had to experience anything like that before. im also glad you and your family are ok. please let those you know and those you dont know that the cafemom family are thinking about them and they are in our  prayers.

bugnroosmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Wow! Thi sis so crazy and sad. I know those people are helpless right now! Praying for them and their families!

becky0899
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I hope everyone finds a safe place til it's over:-(

othermom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Stay safe

sunflower37
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I hope and pray that everyone stay safe...

praying

KTMOM
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I am also in middle TN,  30 miles south of Nashville.  This is our back yard,  although it did recede some overnight,  we are still under severe weather and tornado and flood warnings.  :(  It has been a loooong weekend and looks like schools for Williamson County will be out tomorrow due to all the impassable roads.

igot2crazyboys
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:41 PM
So far I think 8 have died......and more on it's way........I gt a feeling it's gonna get worse
Josef1129
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I live about 2.5hrs due South of Nashville (in upper NW AL) and we have seen some rather bad weather, but NOTHING like this :-(

Prayers for all involved.

Crystal, SAHM and proud Child Safety Passenger Advocate (CPSA) to Josef, 6yrs, 45", 44lbs, 18"+ torso safely riding in two Britax Parkways and a SK Monterey.  Want to know more about car seat safety or have questions, follow me to the car seat safety group.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:42 PM

OH, shit!  My brother lives in Nashville and I haven't heard anything from him this weekend.  I guess I better text him to make sure he is alright.  I have been pretty busy that I haven't watched the news to hear about this.  Thank you so much for posting this.

natesmom1228
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

My prayers are goiing out the families that are affected by this tragedy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)