• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do the kids do . . .

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:06 PM
  • 41 Replies

Now that summer break is almost here, what do the kids do all summer?  Are they home with you all day, or where do they go while you work?

As a work from home mom who has her kids at home all summer, I often wonder what other's have their kids do over the summer while they are at work or even if they stay home.

Mom of two boys ages 9 (third grade) and 6 (kindergarten)

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Kylie and I spend a lot of time at the pool during the week.  On the weekend when my husband is home we head for the lake or beach.

staysee34
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:15 PM

My kids stay home with me most of the summer.  They do go to their dads every other weekend and sometimes I manage to get him to take them for a long weekend or possibly a week.  But normally, they are with me day in and day out.  This year however, I am hoping to get them into a local park program a couple days a week. I have also made a list of possible day trips to take with them.  Because my youngest daughter has a medical condition and my 8 year old is possibly autistic (verdict is still out on that one) we don't wonder to far away from home. 

natesmom1228
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Nathan will go to the summer reading program at school until July. Then he will be going to summer camp at the end of July. My wedding is in Aug and the different parties and things for that will also be going on. Other then that, day trips and just hanging out at home.

SAHMinIL2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM

"School" activities (we homeschool); participate in Kids Bowl FREE all summer long, various summer reading programs, and some swimming. One of the pools here local is 100% FREE all summer long, It's a nice pool water slides, lifeguards, diving boards, etc.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

They usually do a couple of week long camps at their school. We also take a 3 week road trip to California to visit my great-uncle. We play and hike our way out and back, so it is fun and not straight driving. The time they aren't in camp or on the road, we just hang out.

ErikaRobin
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM

We'll put up the pool on the next really hot day and basically spend the entire summer in it, getting pruney.  :)

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 2, 2010 at 7:20 PM

My son has done a neighborhood afternoon camp the past three summers.  I do work, but right now my DH is unemployed.  So he should be home in the mornings unless he gets a job.  When he was working, my sister that lives with us or my mom would watch him in the mornings until he went to camp.

There also is a free bus in our neighborhood that takes him to camp.  Because we live across the street from an elementary school and Boys and Girls Club, we have a bus stop visible from our house.  He'll usually take that to and from summer camp.  That bus has had the same bus driver for years and knows who my son.

Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I have some summer camps (3hours a day) set up for my daughter and some short classes for my son randomly throughout the summer.  We will spend most of our time at the pool, though.

GenevieveD
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I'm a SAHM at the moment so Pepper will be joining Una and I on our beach adventures. We swim and fish and surf...just stuff that fun and active outside!

MoriahL
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:46 PM

We do local parks and beaches. We have some lakes we love! I try to get involved in play groups as well. Many museums have great educational activities. We have playdates with pool fun! I love being home and any new ideas would be great!

Moriah- SAHM and WAHM and loving it!

http://www.WorkingGreenMoms.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)