• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My father-in-law...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM
  • 26 Replies

Just WALKED right in to our house.  Didn't even bother to knock.  Who DOES that?!  

Links are fun.  Click one to stalk me.

Follow me to

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAHMinIL2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Your FIL!

armycoppertop
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM

I'd slap him! How does he know what he might be walking into in someone else's house!? I have a key to my ex's house and even I knock and then yell (unless it is butt crack of dawn and I am going over to "babysit" my kids between his leave for work and their get up for school time) into the house before I actually go past the "mudroom" area of the kitchen just in case he is actually home and possibly occupied!

LilGina
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM

LOL I do that at my in laws house lol They don't come here cause we live in a diff state lol

Quoting SAHMinIL2:

Your FIL!

babyfat5
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM

good thing you weren't naked!

ErikaRobin
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Quoting babyfat5:

good thing you weren't naked!

Who says I wasn't?  

Okay, I wasn't.  Nobody needs to see that.

Still, it pissed me off that he didn't even give us a courtesy knock before walking in.

Links are fun.  Click one to stalk me.

Follow me to

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 2, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Er, my sister would do that to us, and I took away our house key from her because of other reasons--but that contributed to it. 

I hated it.  Good luck with your FIL!

KTMOM
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM

oh boy.. I don't even know that i would recognize my FIL since I haven't seen him in forever.  He would probably get himself shot!  lol

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:54 PM

hehehe, everyone in my family does that all the time at my house, I find it very annoying.  In their defense, I live in my grandparent's house and it is on my great-grandparents farm that is still run by family and lots of family has homes on the property, so they walk in just out of habit.  It drove my hubby crazy for the first year we lived here, then I guess he just got used to it.

rfourangels
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Hey- consider it an honor, he feels welcome and at home.

ShanaLenae
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:04 PM

All of my family and friends do that because we use the back door for a front door, but at least they give a yell before walking out to the living room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)