Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bookmark

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:45 AM
  • 13 Replies

Have you ladies seen those book marks that have a timer on it? DD came home from school last week saying that 2 of the girls in her class have these bookmarks that have a timer on it.An she wanted one.So I looked on ebay and got one for $10.  My daughter has to read every night for school and write a little book report.She has to read for 20 mintues but I upped it to 40 mintues bc I know 20 is not enought. I'm very proud of her from the begin of the school year her reading level was a 65 and last week they tested her again and she is now at the level 506.I also use the web site called Lexile level.I use this web site to find books at the level.I just thought I would share my info about the book mark.I can post pictures later if you ladies want to see what it looks like.Let me know

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:46 AM

That sound great...what an improvement WTG HER!!!

kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 24, 2010 at 9:00 AM

WTG! I am going to have to look into the bookmark for my boys. Right now they use a timer. Thanks for sharing this information with us.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 24, 2010 at 9:04 AM
Mamato2angels
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:11 AM

this is the book mark I got for my daughter it works two different ways it counts down and counts up.you can set how many mintues you want to read and when time is up it beeps

Quoting kmrtigger:

http://mark-my-time.com/

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 24, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I've seen them at Borders for awhile.  They're sold with the rest of the bookmarks on a rack near the checkout area.  I haven't looking into their price for awhile, but I think they're about $10 there too.

StephanieSH
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I've seen those.  I'm glad it worked for her!

natesmom1228
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Never heard of it. That is a really good idea to keep kids on track. My son tends to wander so this would be perfect for him. I will have to get him one.

natesmom1228
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Quoting Barabell:

I've seen them at Borders for awhile.  They're sold with the rest of the bookmarks on a rack near the checkout area.  I haven't looking into their price for awhile, but I think they're about $10 there too.

Do you think they are at Barnes and Nobles? I may get my son one.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Quoting natesmom1228:

Quoting Barabell:

Do you think they are at Barnes and Nobles? I may get my son one.

They might.  I don't go to Barnes and Nobles as often because they're further from my house, and so I don't remember their selection as well.  Borders has the same owners as Waldenbooks, and so they might have them there also.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 24, 2010 at 11:49 AM

$8.95 at Target
$7.25 at RainbowResource.com (a catalog for homeschooling, but has GREAT stuff)
I know Barnes and Noble had it for less than $10 last time I was there (which was a couple of weeks ago)

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/store.asp?EAN=9780976142546&distance=2&zipcode=13027&x=82&y=20

If you go to the website for mark my time that was posted they give you the ISBN # for searching Barnes and Noble :) out of stock online but avail. in store.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)