Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about 9 and 10 year olds and "sex" *Edit*

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:39 AM
  • 21 Replies

My daughter is 10 and in fourth grade. It was brought to my attention by the mother of my daughter's friend that my DD, her friend, and one other girl were told by a boy on the bus (who is only 8 or 9) that he wanted to have babies with them. He was going to rape them to get them pregnant and then rape the babies harder. Now, my DD and her friend went straight to her friend's mom and told them what was said. She then went to the boys house and told his mother what he said. Her response was that he was going to be severely punished, but the very next day after school, he was riding his bike through the neighborhood.

The other mother wants to go to the school and let them know what happened. I agree because it did technically happen on school property, but what can the school do? I guess I just need some advice on what other moms would do in this situation. I cannot imagine what sort of home life this little boy has if he knows what rape is and not to mention, my DD should not have to hear this kind of talk on the school bus.

*Thank you for your replies. I did go to the principal, he was not happy to hear this. He did have the school counselor call the girls down and talk to them. He said that he would handle the boy and his family. So, I'm not sure what happens from here. If I don't hear anything by next week I am going to call him again, just to see what was done. Thank you all for your advice*

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmyG1976
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:42 AM

I would report what the child said to DCP that is not normal and something may be VERY wrong at home. he could be in danger. I would also let the school know what happened as this happened on the bus more children could of been told this and afraid to come forward he may of touched one too. call them (school and dcp) TODAY.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 24, 2010 at 11:19 AM

You should contact the school, and they should be able to get to the bottom of it...well, I guess that depends some on the administration at the school.

I know at my son's school district they consider riding the bus a privilege and not a right, and so they are quick to take away bus privilege for kids that are causing safety problems.  My son has been suspended from the bus for doing something much less harmful than that.

Mena929
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I would report it to the school as soon as possible.

natesmom1228
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I would report it as soon as possible. That is crazy. I am sorry that the girls had to be a part of that.

sephandtoby
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM

My 10 year old son is playing Little League this year. One of his classmates stole his batting gloves. I went to the principal and told him. They need to be made aware of what their students are doing. Now, they may not be able to do anything about your situation, but at least they can be aware of what the child is capable of.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 8:03 PM

The school shoud be notified about this.  Go straight to the principal and the director of transportation.  At our school, the child would at the least be suspended from the bus and possibly suspended from school too for inapporpriate language.  The bus is school property, so they do have an obligation to take action on anything that happens on a school bus.  The bus stop is also considered school property when the kids are waiting for the bus in the morning and also in the afternoon when they get off the bus, so if something happens at the bus stop, the school should be notified as well.

momofqxb
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Quoting AmyG1976:

I would report what the child said to DCP that is not normal and something may be VERY wrong at home. he could be in danger. I would also let the school know what happened as this happened on the bus more children could of been told this and afraid to come forward he may of touched one too. call them (school and dcp) TODAY.

I agree. Call the school and CPS. Seriously what is going on in this childs life that he knows what rape is. It's very disturbing.

sephandtoby
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:35 PM

I think he may not actually know what rape is. I suspect he heard it on tv or heard an older sibling. He was trying to freak out the girls and he did. For someone to say they are going to rape a baby is just out there. I don't think I would call children's services, think that's a bit over kill. I would let the school make the decision here and keep your kids away from him.

pooh2you_1985
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:43 PM

i would go to the school that even at 8-10 yrs old is harassment and gross. the school needs to have a meeting with the parents that if this continus thay can be kicked off the bus. The fact that thay used the word rape is BIG prob in my book. And thay need understand that playing or other wise that is not funny. you also might wont to go to superentedet Bord of Edu and tell them what is going on too.

mom0092
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I would report this to the school administration. An 8 or 9 year old isn't going to commit such an act but someone needs to "kick his butt" and let him know that saying such things is very inappropriate. I'm a teacher, this would not be taken lightly at my school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)