Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Reading-Update

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:04 AM
  • 13 Replies

Borders books is having a program for kids under 12.  If they read ten books before August 26th, they can get a book for free. They can read any books they want but there is a list to choose from for the free books. You can pick up the form in the store.  It just requires the signature of the parent or guardian saying that the child read the ten books.  My son is very excited about it.

I WAS JUST AT BARNES AND NOBLE AND, AS OTHERS HAVE MENTIONED, THEY DO HAVE THE SAME KIND OF PROGRAM.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:29 AM

That is great. I will have to look into it. We read everyday, even in the summer so that would be a great reward for reading.

M4LG5
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I think Barnes and Noble did that last year too.  I'm not sure if they are doing it again.

Meal
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:33 AM

both my children are doing the program as well I think it is an awesome idea!

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 24, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Here's a link to the document:

http://media.bordersstores.com/pdf/summerreading.pdf

I want to note that your child can choose from a list of free books, and so there is a limited selection on the free books.  The 10 free books to choose from are listed at the bottom of the form.

LovinSweetsMama
by on May. 25, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Thanks we did this last year w/ Barnes and Noble. Our library also has a good reading program for the summer and it is for all ages even adults. .

kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Thanks for sharing this!

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 27, 2010 at 12:32 PM

BUMP!

natesmom1228
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Great, thanks. I will go and check it out.

hepmommy
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Awesome.  We have a B&N nearby so I might encourage them to get on the stick and READ.

ladyluke2007
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:29 PM

OK, here is something you all might be interested in......scholastic has a "Read for the World Record".  It is free and easy to sign your child(ren) up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)