Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you buy anything compulsively?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:11 PM
  • 26 Replies

I am a compulsive book buyer.  I can't help it.  I try and check books out of the library too but there's something about buying a book that is very satisfying.  My mom says she likes coming to my house because it's like a mini Barnes and Noble.  She can look through my books and select what she wants--I don't charge her though :)

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Yeah, I love buying books too.  I buy a bookmark for each book because i don't like to fold down the corners of my pages.  I keep the bookmark in it in case other people borrow a book from me.....then they know they have to use the bookmark.

Other things that I buy compulsively is stuff for sewing.  I have fabric that I have to use and bought it for new reason but because i liked the fabric.

natesmom1228
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM

No, not really. Maybe clothes for my son. I do love buying him clothes.

babysauce74
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:57 PM

TOILETRIES! I am so incredibly guilty of this, I can't go down an aisle containing hair products,, bodywash, make-up, lotions, toothpastes, you name it...I will find at least one thing to buy, if not too many! embarrassed

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:59 PM

I am a horriable compulsive shopper.  You name it, I have bought it before and tons of it.  Food, clothes, shoes, dvd's, candles, toys, etc.  I'm just not really good at sticking to a list or budget. lol

Xantho
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:11 PM
only when i'm upset!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
c_turtle21
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I love to shop but I do not buy anything big on compulsion. I actually drive my husband nuts because I will enter a store like Target and start putting things in the cart and as I walk around I will talk myself out of my purchases and put them back, hubby says Im ridiculous. When i bought my Kindle from Amazon...i just couldnt push the purchase button and was waiting and waiting..finally my husband walks from across the room and pushes the mouse button..then says THERE!!

rkoloms
by on May. 25, 2010 at 5:46 AM

You might be happy with this: http://www.paperbackswap.com/

Robin in Chicago

anamacsmommy
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I am a compulsive clothing buyer, for my girls. Weither it is on sale or not. If it is cute and the store has it in their sizes, I buy it. But I have try to control it now as it is getting alittle bit expensive.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 25, 2010 at 9:04 AM

NO, I always think about what bill I can apply that extra money toward. I hate having the interest on anything sitting there. So if I can avoid that, I send in more money than needed and have that sitting there to be credited to the next bill.

Tnamari
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:50 AM

not anymore...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)