Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a yard, do you get it ready for summer?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:16 PM
  • 14 Replies

Or do you just throw your kids back there when the weather gets nice?  We live in So. Cal. so we only really wipe down our patio furniture.  I'm itching to buy new summery cushions, pillows, etc. for the patio furniture but I dont' really have the funds now.  What do you do with your backyard this time of year?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:17 PM

nothing.  We just keep the grass cut which we have to do ever other week.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:19 PM

I mow the grass and every few years DH redoes the wood on the swingset/climbing center. I try to keep the patio free of leaves and dirt, but that doesn't always happen. I'd love some new patio furniture as well, but since I'm getting a new car, it will have to wait.

auroragold
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:22 PM

oh man - what DON'T I do??!?!

Since I live in the northeast I have to clean up the leaves from the fall (the ones that come down AFTER I've done the fall clean up!), clean down the furniture, dig out the cushions and air them out (hoping the mice didn't get to them), hang up the yard decor and THEN I tackle the flower beds and prep the ground for vegetables.

It's exhausting and I love it!

jbirchard
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Well with the strawberry patch, veggie garden, 2 big flower gardens, swing set and sand boat, and alot of toys, all I do is mow once a week.

natesmom1228
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:05 PM

yes, we just finished planting our veggie garden. We always clean up the garage and get it ready for summer parties.

Lilmommy2six
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:03 PM

My boyfriend does most of the yard work. We have plants that grow back every year that we have to keep watered and he mows the lawn and brings out the patio furniture. We live in Wisconsin, so during the winter we store the patio stuff in the garage so it don't rust from the snow. This year though my boyfriend is in the process of leveling off the back yard and planting new grass. Next summer he is planning on making a garden area for me.

Diana, Proud Girlfriend of an Officer

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Not much, we pull the furniture and toys and other stuff out of the barn and let the kids have at it.  We do spend a few hours opening the pool, but that is really the most work that we do.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 25, 2010 at 12:03 AM

We haven't done too much to our backyard yet.  It needs some serious landscaping, and we've spent more money and time on the house so far.  We did finally get some hand-me-down outdoor furniture, but haven't done anything with it yet.  Hopefully we'll have some more time (and more money) soon to tackle some of those projects.

MamaBuggy
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Just depends on if it NEEDS anything done. Last year we just maintained it (mowing and weed pulling, etc), but this year we took out a previously built sandbox and put a pool there, put mulch in a weed prone area, bought a swingset and new sandbox, pulled some ugly weird growing plants the previous owner had planted, and bought new patio furniture. We always maintain our yard because we are always outside with the kids when its nice, and we BBQ alot too.

Candice ~ Loving wife and mommy of 2

vlester
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:55 AM

i cut my grass once a week and cut and clear out trees and bushes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)