Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you taught your kids to send Thank You notes?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

I think this is so important. Especially as the kids get older and get graduation gifts. Do you make your kids send notes of Thanks out?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracy2377
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM

My website is a mail for kids company.  My son (who is six) helps me assemble the letters, so he knows how important good writing skills are.  This year he had to do his own thank you notes for his birthday.  He said next year he didn't want any gifts.  It was too much work.  lol  We'll see how long that lasts...

LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Yep

Anytime he gets something he is required to send out Thank You letters.

natesmom1228
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Yes, he has and will continue to send thank yous. Its the proper thing to do.

My2Munchkinz
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Yes.  Now that he can write, he actually likes to write them.

rkoloms
by on May. 27, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Absolutely! We started when she was small; one of us would write the note, and she would scribble. As soon as she could write them herself, she did (and still does)

Robin in Chicago

sweetmelissa77
by on May. 27, 2010 at 6:55 AM

I think showing proper thanks is important, as well. However, the situation warrants whether or not my son sends a card. For his birthday party, he pre-writes out thank you cards to all the kids then we attach them to the outside of his goodie bags. For the adults attending, he sends those out about a week later. For any other gifts he receives randomly throughout the year, he sends cards to anyone not grandma or a close relative. He just gives lots of hugs & kisses to those individuals instead.

auroragold
by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM

YES!!!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 27, 2010 at 8:36 AM

I have my sons write them for their friend party. I think it is important that the parents know their gift was recieved and enjoyed.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

kmrtigger
by Kandice on May. 27, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Yes, I think this is something all children should be taught. Sometimes I let time get ahead of me when it comes to Birthday gift, thank you cards, but I have them call the friend/family and thank them. I try very hard to do the snail mail thank you cards.

hepmommy
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Sort of.  They see me do it when necessary.  We usually offer a verbal thank you to whomever gave us the gift.  When their penmanship is better (they are only 8 and 6 now), I will have them start doing actual notes to stick in the mail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)