Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Grade?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM
  • 107 Replies

What grade is your child(ren) going into next fall?

I'm so excited about summer break coming, but I always feel like the school year is officially over when I get the notice from the school saying that my child is going up to the next grade!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM

First and Second. 

My boys are already out for summer break.  The excitement has worn off, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

cowboygal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Ds is going into first and dd is going into K. They both will be gone all day. 7 hours of blissful silence. I think I might go insane unless I can convince dh to let me work.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:56 AM

My son is going into 5th. 

He still has 6 more days of school left, but probably not too much work.  He hasn't had homework at all this week.  Field trip today.  Field day on Friday.  A picnic next week....

justanotherjen
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM

They will be in 2nd, 3rd and 5th grades next year.

Tomorrow is the last day of school.  They get out at 10:30am.

I was looking forward to it (not having to get up early any more and not having to go and pick them up every day right when I'm most tired and need a nap) but now...I'm not looking forward to having to spend every waking moment with my oldest.  She is a pain (spoiled and bitchy...sorry, but she is).  Ugh.  It's going to be a long summer.

aMarieT
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM

DD will be a highschool freshman (noooooo, when did she get old enough for that?!)

oldest DS will be in 8th grade

middle DS will be in 2nd

youngest is only 3 and still at home with me :)

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

First and Second. 

My boys are already out for summer break.  The excitement has worn off, lol.

Aw, that's too bad...LOL =) 

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Quoting cowboygal:

Ds is going into first and dd is going into K. They both will be gone all day. 7 hours of blissful silence. I think I might go insane unless I can convince dh to let me work.

Ah, that'll be nice.  I've always worked outside the home, and so I don't really get time off when my son is in school.  I enjoy summers because of the lack of homework.  It's a nice break to his always busy schedule.

If you decide not to work, you could volunteer at the school to stay busy.  Or there are sports and extracurricular activities.  With kids around, there's never as much downtime as we would like =)

Xantho
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM

We got the paper she will be in 2nd

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Quoting justanotherjen:

They will be in 2nd, 3rd and 5th grades next year.

Tomorrow is the last day of school.  They get out at 10:30am.

I was looking forward to it (not having to get up early any more and not having to go and pick them up every day right when I'm most tired and need a nap) but now...I'm not looking forward to having to spend every waking moment with my oldest.  She is a pain (spoiled and bitchy...sorry, but she is).  Ugh.  It's going to be a long summer.

When is your baby due?  I can't seems to remember.  I'm sorry you're still having issues with your oldest.  Maybe some of the stuff will get resolved soon?  I certainly hope so.

silla710
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:07 AM

My oldest DS is going into 2nd grade and my youngest DS is going to preschool! YAY I can't wait lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)