Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father's Day

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM
  • 17 Replies

Have you decided what you/ the kids are getting dad this year?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I am getting my fiancee a bike rack for his car. He needs one now that there are three bikes and not just his.

tiffybell83
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Not yet I have no idea what to get my dad all I know is I am going to take him out to dinner.

STLMUM
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM

We already got my hubby his gift and gave it to him.  It makes me sound like a mean wife but here it goes.... he usually winds up sleeping the spare bedroom because he snores loud enough to wake the neighborhood up and he is always whining about the mattress and he wanted one of those memory foam mattress pad/toppers....so that is what he got!

I would say that on Father's Day I am going to make a nice dinner and do everything around the house but oh wait....I DO THAT EVERY FREAKIN' DAY!! No, no....I'm  not bitter at all! :)

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Nothing planned yet. 

justanotherjen
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM

nothing

we don't really celebrate those days.  they'll probably make cards for my dad but my husband won't celebrate and he lives in another state right now so we won't see him.  I'll probably send him a card...maybe.

It's not like he does the reverse for me or anything.  I've never gotten anything for mother's day that the kids didn't make in school...except my 1st one.  That one he ran out the night before after work to Target and got a frame.  He didn't even wrap it, just handed it to me.  That was 9 years ago.  That same year I got him a Playstation 2 and games.  The next year I got nothing and I've basically given up celebrating holidays/special occasions with him.

I never get gifts, cards or even acknowledgement on my days (birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day, our anniversary, etc).

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Quoting STLMUM:

We already got my hubby his gift and gave it to him.  It makes me sound like a mean wife but here it goes.... he usually winds up sleeping the spare bedroom because he snores loud enough to wake the neighborhood up and he is always whining about the mattress and he wanted one of those memory foam mattress pad/toppers....so that is what he got!

I would say that on Father's Day I am going to make a nice dinner and do everything around the house but oh wait....I DO THAT EVERY FREAKIN' DAY!! No, no....I'm  not bitter at all! :)

There is nothing wrong with giving it to him early. If thats what he wanted, then that is great. My finacee sometimes sleeps on the couch because it gets to hot in the bedroom.

hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Considering our anniversary is in 3 days, his birthday is 5 days after that, and then Father's day is around the corner, and he's always wanting the "newest and bestest" electrical thing out there...we usually get him ONE thing for all 3 occasions, and I've already purchased it, but he won't get to enjoy it until late July anyway.

Oh, and it was the PS3 with FFXIII.

Christy78
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:00 PM

MY husband i was killed in 2004. But what my 12& 8 yr old do is send balloons  up to Heaven . We have done this since my kids were 6 and 2 and they make a card tie it to the balloon and send it off.

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Quoting hopeandglory53:

Considering our anniversary is in 3 days, his birthday is 5 days after that, and then Father's day is around the corner, and he's always wanting the "newest and bestest" electrical thing out there...we usually get him ONE thing for all 3 occasions, and I've already purchased it, but he won't get to enjoy it until late July anyway.

I am sure he's going to love it. Our June is also pretty full!!

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Quoting hopeandglory53:

I would like that.  I wanted to buy FFXIII, but I never get play time on our Xbox anyhow.  I'm sure he's going to love that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)