Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gifts for coaches and team moms

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM
  • 2 Replies

Okay, I'm the head coach for my daughter's softball.  I really want to give the assistant coaches and team moms a gift.  We have an end of year barbecue this sunday.  I had awesome support from my parents.  The team moms were lifesavers....and time savers for me.  They handled the dugout, the snack schedule, and all the league events.

I had 2 coaches (in the beginning) but right when one committed she got a promotion and wasn't able to coach (she was there for a little bit).  The other coach was a mom that didn't really know a lot but was helping out a ton.  Because the 1st coach couldn't help, a dad came in and was a BIG help to me and did know his stuff. 

So, any ideas?  How much should I spend?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I was the team manager of my son's hockey team last season.  We had one head coach and 3 assistant coaches.  I took up a collection from some of the parents, and I was able to come up with $100.  So I gave them each a $25 gift card to Famous Dave's.  I figured that covered a dinner and a beer at the very least.  I hope they enjoyed them =)

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Quoting Barabell:

I was the team manager of my son's hockey team last season.  We had one head coach and 3 assistant coaches.  I took up a collection from some of the parents, and I was able to come up with $100.  So I gave them each a $25 gift card to Famous Dave's.  I figured that covered a dinner and a beer at the very least.  I hope they enjoyed them =)

That is an awesome gift. I think gift cards are a great thank you gift.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)