Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tennis anyone?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

My oldest son is fairly athletic and has played baseball for the past 5 years, now he wants to take tennis lessons over the summer.  They are offered by our local parks department for a low cost, they will even supply him with a racquet since we don't have one.

Do/have your kids taken tennis lessons?  Is tennis a hard sport to learn how to play?  I know nothing about tennis really, so I am going to have to learn quickly.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
natesmom1228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM

No, my son doesn't play tennis. I do, I love it. Its really easy to learn. I used to take lessons when I was younger, but not anymore. Its great exercise and hand / eye coordination.

M4LG5
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:45 PM

My daughter took tennis lessons through the city last year for a few months.  She really liked it.  My twins saw her and now they want to try also.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM

We have a low cost urban tennis program in our neighborhood, but I cannot sign my son up because we don't have transportation for him to get to it.  His BFF signed up last year and loved it.  Unfortunately, their ages don't fall in the same class times, and so I can't ask his mom to take my son along too =(

I don't think it's hard to learn the basics at all. 

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM

No, my kids don't play. I say let him try. He might be good at it, and might love it.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I filled out the form for my oldest and plan on sending it in tomorrow.  My youngest son's age group would be having their lessons at the same time, so I'm trying to talk him into taking the lessons too.

hepmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I have absolutely zero knowledge of tennis other than a zero score is called "love". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)