Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a website, need work sheets for my soon to first grader!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:50 PM
  • 8 Replies

Schools out got to keep them busy and learning. Any moms have any suggestion on websites I can print out work pages? He plays on NOODLES and STARFALL.He's six and going to be a FIRST GRADER BOOHOO HOO 'crying" :)

boy n girlSHARON

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrjjmt
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Heres one that has worksheets you can print out for many different topics. 

http://www.first-school.ws/preschool/printable-activities/index.htm

Hope this helps.

mom0092
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Try www.edhelper.com. It's a subscription site but they also have free worksheets on a variety of subjects and grade levels. I'm a teacher :)

hill2
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I actually buy a workbook that is for kids going into the next grade. It starts easy and gets harder and by the end the workbook is stuff they will be doing. I started these books last yr when my son was in kinder and got him the 1st grade book. this yr he has the 2nd grade book and my daughter has the kindergarten one. Then we read alot. I increased my sons reading lever before 1st grade by just getting alot of those phonics books nad reading.

Theresa4275
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:54 PM

http://delicious.com/Theresa4275/printables I have some in my bookmarks I collect as teacher resources. You can do a search by subject too.

rkoloms
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:07 AM
mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Summer Bridge workbook (nice b/c it has a study plan to follow and reward stickers to track progress) or BrainQuest workbooks - available at bookstores like barnes and noble

Learning Horizons workbooks - available for cheap at Walmart, Officemax etc

Print worksheets for simple addition/subtraction, writing letters (and work of keeping the letters within the lines and neatly printed (My dds 1st grade teacher was a stickler on penmanship), reading passages and answering simple qqueestions for reading comprehension, money identification, etc

Quoting hill2:

I actually buy a workbook that is for kids going into the next grade. It starts easy and gets harder and by the end the workbook is stuff they will be doing. I started these books last yr when my son was in kinder and got him the 1st grade book. this yr he has the 2nd grade book and my daughter has the kindergarten one. Then we read alot. I increased my sons reading lever before 1st grade by just getting alot of those phonics books nad reading.

tel4him
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Here are a couple that I use:  www.worksheetworks.com  and www.math-aids.com

Theresa, proud, homeschooling mom to Ellie, 8, and Ian, 6, and Ryan Marcus, born May 10, 2010, 11:12 pm, 7 lbs, 13 oz

StructuredChaos
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Enchantedlearning.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)