Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yesterday I took Chloe to the dr because of her period.  She is on her period for the 4th time now and I have taken her before too because of how things went.  Before this one she had one short, one kind of long, and one that was way too long.  This one is already a week and a half and I was worried how heavy she keeps bleeding.  Before all the dr said was its normal and over time she will outgrow it. This time she said she is anemic and needs to take some iron but she will outgrow it eventually.  She didn't have any great solutions for stopping accidents during the day besides more changing, but she told me to buy Goodnites and use that for Chloe for bed.  Its for kids who wet the bed but works good for heavy periods. Has anyone been through this or tried that?  I feel like my hair will all be gray in a few more days or else I will just pull it all out!  I am getting so frustrated.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bleumonster
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:43 AM

No but my niece had to go on birth control because of how irregular her periods were. They might skip a couple of months and then be really heavy the next. She needed the bc to regulate them. She was also dx with polycystic symdrome.

hepmommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM

The Goodnites are probably not a bad idea until things even out a bit and until she learns how to handle the ebb and flow of her cycle.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I agree that the good nights are a great idea until things are easier to  control. and they will make messes disappear for the night time. Good luck!

StephanieSH
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Aw, poor kid!  This is such a hard time in the life of a girl.  She probably just needs time for things to regulate themselves.  In the meantime, the Goodnites do sound like a good idea.  Maybe during the day she can wear the pads that are for overnight?  That's what I have to do on my super heavy days.

rkoloms
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Did your family doctor suggest any dietary modifications? Eliminating hormone-laden conventional meat and dailry; adding a serving of quality soy (organic edamame or tofu) every day; drinking lots of water; sticking with foods as close to their natural state (like whole grains, legumes, vegetables and fruits) as possible; may all help with your daughter's menstrual issues.

Robin in Chicago

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:46 PM

My daughter hasn't started her period yet so no.

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)