Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the strangest thing you've accidently washed?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM
  • 53 Replies

Normally I just go into my son's room and scoop all the stuff from his hamper and throw it in the washing machine without sorting through it.  I've washed coins, plastic lizards and bugs, power rangers, etc.  However, today I washed two BOOKS!  They are completely destroyed and I don't  understand how they ended up in the hamper or why I didn't notice them.  The best part is that I found the first one when the load was done.  There were pieces of paper all over the dryer and the clothes so I washed them again.  When I went to put them in the dryer, I found the second book.  Ahhhh!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Recently I washed some BB's because they were in hubby's pants pocket and I accidently forgot to check his pockets before throwing the pants in the wash.

CrimsonAlchemy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:26 PM

I got a diaper a few times and a pull up in the washer, it makes such a mess.  They were in the pants and I didn't notice when I threw them in the washer.  Yuck!

lvmom76
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Ds Game

Bam_Bam
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM
I hate that...what is that stuff inside those things? Lol

Quoting CrimsonAlchemy:

I got a diaper a few times and a pull up in the washer, it makes such a mess.  They were in the pants and I didn't notice when I threw them in the washer.  Yuck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bam_Bam
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:52 PM
I washed my SOs wallet once. I forgot to check his pockets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justme00
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:51 AM

when I was in school a friend of mine her mom killed the car in the dryer.

momof754
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:55 AM

you know those snakes that grow in water? well my oldest got one when he went to carnegie science center. i didnt dry it but i was changing the washer and dryer over and when i pulled out the clothes from the dryer, i found this snake. i asked my kids why it was in there and my youngest said he wanted to shrink it back up and regrow it,lol. i thought i was gonna poo myself when i grabbed it,lol

hill2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:55 AM

ALL pockets gets checked...the strangest thing I ever washed and dryed was I dunno because its odd it turned my dryer green. SOme say maybe a crayon but there was no evidence of anything just a brightly green colored dryer! It puzzled me forever as I scrubbed that dang dryer. So now a days every pocket gets checked. i have washed money, pens, my SO entire wallet! Needless to say he is happy I now check pocket!

luvmyguys
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM
A diaper lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieSH
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Quoting hill2:

ALL pockets gets checked...the strangest thing I ever washed and dryed was I dunno because its odd it turned my dryer green. SOme say maybe a crayon but there was no evidence of anything just a brightly green colored dryer! It puzzled me forever as I scrubbed that dang dryer. So now a days every pocket gets checked. i have washed money, pens, my SO entire wallet! Needless to say he is happy I now check pocket!

I should know better and check pockets because I've also put crayons through the dryer and spent hours scrubbing it clean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)