Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxious Mind???

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:39 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hello all...I am awake late yet again, because I cannot shut my mind off.

Lately,  I have had constant worries about my son - about things that are very far-fetched that could happen to him, or about him getting sunburned at daycare while I am at work, etc. I mean, it is all day long. I am a nervous wreck and cannot wait to get home and be with him.

I have been up out of bed 4 times tonight to check on him. I never used to be this worried...not sure what is going on.

Any thoughts? Does anyone else ever feel this way?

~*Mommy of a Knight in Shining Armor*~

recycling sweetpeabaseballboy kissing mom

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bonnie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Bump!

I'm sorry, I have no advice for you. I hope it gets better! *hugs*

ROBIN-C
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Has anything happened to a friends child recently to set this off? or something you read or saw on tv?

or it could be that something else is stressing you out and this is where it is coming out....let me explain: when my S/O was having alcohol issues, i took my stress out in other areas...i became a control freak in every aspect of my life that I could actually control, since I coulodnt control S/O.

good luck with figuring it out...it could be very deep in your subconscience and you arent even aware that that is what triggered this.

just try not to let on to your son that you are having these thoughts, you dont want him to start worrying about far-fetched things....my control issues have recently started showing up in my almost 7 year old and it sucks that i have passed this on to her!

Mommy_Giggles
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Quoting ROBIN-C:

Has anything happened to a friends child recently to set this off? or something you read or saw on tv?

or it could be that something else is stressing you out and this is where it is coming out....let me explain: when my S/O was having alcohol issues, i took my stress out in other areas...i became a control freak in every aspect of my life that I could actually control, since I coulodnt control S/O.

good luck with figuring it out...it could be very deep in your subconscience and you arent even aware that that is what triggered this.

just try not to let on to your son that you are having these thoughts, you dont want him to start worrying about far-fetched things....my control issues have recently started showing up in my almost 7 year old and it sucks that i have passed this on to her!

I think it is a combination of things: we don't have cable, so I don't watch the news, but then I checked CNN.com a few times last week and that freaked me out ---- isn't there any good news out there???? And maybe it's hormonal? You gave me a lot to think about though, with the whole subconscious thing...maybe there's something to that.....THANK U!!!!!

tornados4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I got the same way when I was pregnant with my 4th baby.  I always worried about my kids getting cancer or falling into the water at the zoo.  Ya know, strange far fetched stuff.  My doctor put me on Lexapro and it really, really helped.  I don't worry anymore about those things and I am more at ease.  Ask your doctor about it.

Mommy_Giggles
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Thank you for responding!

So were you diagnosed with anxiety or something then? Just curious...

Morita-Michelle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:30 AM

BUMP!

Mommy_Giggles
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:31 AM

BUMP!

tornados4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Yes my OB said it was that.  I had struggled with it for sometime but it got really bad during my pregnancy.  I have tried to come off the medicine but I am much better and happier on it.  If momma is happy, the whole family is happy:)

Quoting Mommy_Giggles:

Thank you for responding!

So were you diagnosed with anxiety or something then? Just curious...

rkoloms
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:30 AM

I have a couple of thoughts. First, anxiety is often caused by a magnesium supplement (also true with migraines). I take a cal/mag/D every day.

Second, you may want to have a few sessions with a therapist, to talk this through and learn some coping strategies.

Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

Robin in Chicago

Mommy_Giggles
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Quoting rkoloms:

I have a couple of thoughts. First, anxiety is often caused by a magnesium supplement (also true with migraines). I take a cal/mag/D every day.

Second, you may want to have a few sessions with a therapist, to talk this through and learn some coping strategies.

Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

I just want to clarify: are you saying anxiety is because of a lack of magnesium?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)