Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's pretend . . .

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM
  • 47 Replies

that we are again childless, single, and carefree.  What would you spend your day doing, knowing what you know now about how life is after a S/O and kids?

Mom of two boys ages 9 1/2 (going into 4th grade) and 6 1/2 (going into 1st grade)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Oh boy! Hmmmm... gonna have to give this one some thought.

semazani
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Travel....though I can't imagine doing it without Megan.  I could totally handle the no kids aspect...knowing they were fine somewhere doing their own thing anyway!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I know that most of you will crack up at my dream day. lol  I would sleep in until the crack of noon, take a nice, long, HOT, uninterrupted shower, and then eat breakfast in the livingroom in front of the tv.  I would spend the afternoon getting a mani/pedi and getting my hair cut, colored, and styled.  I would then meet girl friends for shopping and some gossip and then a late dinner and movie.  I'd follow that up by going to a club and having fun with the same girl friends.

I really do need to get out more, don't I?

Buggy979
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I would be traveling , living in an area I want to live in... Have money and quiet would be awesome....  oh I forgot I would be able to have sex with the door open or anywhere in the house... lol

StephanieSH
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I would get a fantastic job and travel around the world.  I used to love to travel so much.

lizzig
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:21 PM

traveling thing globe as a photo journalist.  that was my dream before kids.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I would be the flight attendent that I always wanted to be. I went to school for international business and travel, but I couldn't do it when Nathan came along.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

I know that most of you will crack up at my dream day. lol  I would sleep in until the crack of noon, take a nice, long, HOT, uninterrupted shower, and then eat breakfast in the livingroom in front of the tv.  I would spend the afternoon getting a mani/pedi and getting my hair cut, colored, and styled.  I would then meet girl friends for shopping and some gossip and then a late dinner and movie.  I'd follow that up by going to a club and having fun with the same girl friends.

I really do need to get out more, don't I?

I love this!!! All except sleeping in until noon. I can't sleep that long. I am always up at 6:30AM no matter what.

Morita-Michelle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I would have a job out side of the home and talk to adults most of the day. I also would travel and see the world. I would probably not be on meds for depression. LOL

I would not give up my 4 boys for the world. I love them and they love me. I would like a vacation and time off some days like you would get at a job. A coffee brake would be nice.

airplane

jaderica
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Well, for starters I'd have done better at managing and saving my money.  Second I think I would actually finish my degree before moving in with my hubby-  once we got under the same roof, finishing school got sidelined and it took a long time to get around to finishing...

-Jaderica

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)