Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did I miss somethign in the Children's User Guide?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:41 PM
  • 20 Replies

My DS turned 9 on the 7th. He went to bed on the 6th a happy guy, woke up with the biggest chip on his shoulder I have ever seen! He is mean, ungreatful, selfish, hurtful. overnight! He has been the bestest big brother I have ever seen and suddenly he is purposefully being nasty to his baby brother! Then tonight I learn that after DH and I decided he could stay up late last night an watch Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs (STEVE!) he proceeded to , after being told he coudl have one, eat 10 fudgecicles!!! My DH and I were upstairs folding laundry and cleaning up when this was going on! DS has NEVER been this disrespectful! I asked a girl who's son is a year old and it was...oh its just comes with the age!  No! It can't! I can't have a kid who is gonna talk to me like i'm worthless! its not gonna happen!

Has this happened to Anyone?!? Thoughts suggestions...anything!!!

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie - (g5i8)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:00 PM

BUMP!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:08 PM

YIKES!  I must have forgot my owner's manuel at the hospital. lol  I hate to say it, but welcome to the moody, hormonal tween years.  Yes, the changes you son is having do come with the territory, but you don't have to live with them.  He needs to understand that even though he is getting older and being given more privleges that you are still the parent and are still in charge.  He needs to still listen and respect you and you still have the right to punish him as you see fit.

IMO - he would be working his little butt off to pay for the fudgecicles and I wouldn't be permitting him to stay up late for awhile.

jellis
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Aww :-( Can't I just find That marty McFly kid and go back to before his brithday? Skip it even?? lol Crap lol Dang tween-ness!

Oh and he was sent to bed at 8 with his baby brother...and he will be looking at the 8 for the week. HE also is having to rake up the entire side yard, which i swear isn't too big, and have it ready for the new patio to be put in on thursday. Yeah he's in trouble. Thats what I get for doign the laundry!

Quoting steelcrazy:

YIKES!  I must have forgot my owner's manuel at the hospital. lol  I hate to say it, but welcome to the moody, hormonal tween years.  Yes, the changes you son is having do come with the territory, but you don't have to live with them.  He needs to understand that even though he is getting older and being given more privleges that you are still the parent and are still in charge.  He needs to still listen and respect you and you still have the right to punish him as you see fit.

IMO - he would be working his little butt off to pay for the fudgecicles and I wouldn't be permitting him to stay up late for awhile.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie - (g5i8)

hill2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:35 PM

You got a user guide?? LOL Man I did not..My oldest will be 7 and my friend says around 9 they get this attitude and for all her kids it was astage but again I am not there YET!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:38 PM

That's all you can do, is just lay down the law and make sure he knows who's boss.  Sounds mean, but you don't want him walking all over you and telling you what to do when he is 15.

If you ever stumble across Marty McFly, I'd love a ride in his time machine too.  I left my younth somewhere and I'd like it back!

Quoting jellis:

Aww :-( Can't I just find That marty McFly kid and go back to before his brithday? Skip it even?? lol Crap lol Dang tween-ness!

Oh and he was sent to bed at 8 with his baby brother...and he will be looking at the 8 for the week. HE also is having to rake up the entire side yard, which i swear isn't too big, and have it ready for the new patio to be put in on thursday. Yeah he's in trouble. Thats what I get for doign the laundry!

Quoting steelcrazy:

sarahjoy
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:26 AM

My oldest will be 9 in September... and I can already feel the drama coming along... she hates everything.  talks in whinny voices when she cant do something... or thinks she can just do whatever.  or makes excuses on everything..  luckily for me she hasnt really talked back to me yet or refused to do anything.  but im sure its coming.. just hope she isnt like i was when i was a younger... i was mouthy (uh oh... my poor mom Im so sorry)

this all started the last few months or so.  like you look at her wrong and shes like "geezz... leave me alone"... always to her sisters (never to me or dad she knows better).... she even argues with the 3 year old.. this just cracks me up.

she has to wear deodorant and everything... im just not ready for tween years just yet. so many emotions that change way to fast for me to keep up with.  haha

sarahjoy
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:29 AM

haha i sent mine to bed early too... actually just to her bed room.. she decided to go to sleep on her own.. and we have been getting on to her lately about putting her things away... like shoes and dirty clothes... well she left her shoes in the middle of the living room floor.. hubby made her wake up and put them away haha... he always does this... u think she would learn by now.

texasmom1800
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:01 AM

My son did the same thing when he turned 7.  He's 8 now and I'm still having problems.

CasandraFinlay
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:03 AM

take away his birthday. Tell him he is 8 and can't be 9 until he chills out.

I'm kidding... but this, sadly, is another phase. I hope it passes and he wises up :-(

texasmom1800
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I'v started asking mine if I need to give him a baby bottle and put him in diapers since he wants to act like a baby.

Quoting CasandraFinlay:

take away his birthday. Tell him he is 8 and can't be 9 until he chills out.

I'm kidding... but this, sadly, is another phase. I hope it passes and he wises up :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)