Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you prepare for the week?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you set out YOUR outfits for the week or pick them out the night before or each morning?

for your kids do you/they pick out clothes for the week, pick out the night before or each morning?

ROBIN-C
MOM TO:
DREW (7/92) AND TIARA (7/26)
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Thank goodness for uniforms aaah *relaxes*

Photobucket

masastan
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Well, my oldest two are old enough I don't mess with them and their clothes. When I was working, I laid out my jeans/shorts and work T out the night before. With my 8yr old, he is very tempramental and picky, so I have to limit his choices. If I have him lay them out the night before, it may not be what he wants in the morning. So, we pick out 6 outfits for the week. Then he chooses from one in the morning. My youngest just gets up and puts on whatever, even if he wore it yesterday.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

For my self I just grab something in the morning when I get up. Sometimes if I'm pretty tired I dont' get dressed until right before we are out the door.  I work from home so it doesn't matter what I wear.  lol

I try to have my boys pick out their own clothes the night before, it just saves time in the morning.  I think that by the time a child is in school that they should be able to pick out clothes for themselves.  I get final say, of course.

ROBIN-C
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:25 PM

I pick out my clothes the morning of..occasionally the night before if we are having a special day at school....when i am on "my cycle" i used to dress down (comfy because i was crabby,lol!), but I am trying to dress up a bit more during that time to feel better about myself,lol!

Tiara: well, I just go with her lead...sometimes she will go straight in from school and start working on her outfit for the next day...sometimes she works on them over the weekend and sometimes we pick them out the morning of....she is super opinionated and there is no way she would wear what "I" picked out @@! and ya never know what her mood is going to be : fancy (like Easter/ Christmas dresses), rock-n-roll, pretty (floral sundresses) or bedazzled...and then there is the weekly struggle over PE day clothes (which are never fancy enough even though I went to Justice to get fancy PE clothes to avoid PE day morning meltdowns @@!)

sometimes I wish our school wore uniforms...but then again she would probably have a meltdown every single morning over that @@!

ROBIN-C
MOM TO:
DREW (7/92) AND TIARA (7/26)
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:28 PM

After reading your post, I am thankful that I have boys. lol  Jeans, t-shirts, and track pants are the staples of my world. lol

Xantho
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM
lol my little boy wll be here soon!

op Kasha has a closet cubical labled with the days of the week and she picks out the weeks worth on sunday...works great!

Quoting steelcrazy:

After reading your post, I am thankful that I have boys. lol  Jeans, t-shirts, and track pants are the staples of my world. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM

kids wear whatever they want, everyday, every week  .. I will decide for myself on what I am wearing  when i am in the shower...

janomoma
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM

i always set out clothes and make lunch the night before...i make a list for where everyone in the family has to be during the week..family car

ROBIN-C
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM

the labled cubical wouldnt work for Tiara....she changes her mind between bedtime and waking up often @@!

and since i dress per my mood i cant blame her for doing it too,lol!

doesnt usually cause issues, i just threaten to pick out items that dont match and then she quickly decides,lol!

one time when she was in preschool i took her in her pajams because she was having a meltdown that morning...she was horrified! i did take her a set of clothes and when we got there she quickly decided to put them on and i stayed to help her...."dont mess with me, I will win and the sooner you figure that out the easier your life will be!" (i wonder where she gets her sassiness from @@, lol!)

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM

We just make sure all our clothes are clean when starting the week, and then we all just decide in the morning what we want to wear.  I also have a son, and that definitely makes it easier since it's just jeans or shorts and tshirt or polo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)